[Cash-and-caring] IABS IDOL

Eric Guillory eguillory at louisianacenter.org
Wed Dec 21 14:54:38 UTC 2016

It can be discouraging. In talking with churches and other nonprofit entities, there is seemingly a general feeling that the spirit of volunteerism is down—particularly with regard to fundraising (both giving and organizing). That is why lists such as this one and the encouragement and ideas we are given by the list moderators is invaluable. Ideas and trends will come and go. Nevertheless, it is incumbent on us as individuals in positions of leadership to cultivate as much enthusiasm and excitement as possible in our membership. This can be a thankless and difficult task, but the rewards (membership and monetary) are well worth any frustration. Thanks for all the good ideas and dialog. I will be putting some of them before our affiliate and its chapters for future consideration.

Eric Guillory, Director of Youth Services
Louisiana Center for the Blind
101 South Trenton Street
Ruston, LA 71270
Voice: 800-234-4166
Fax: 318-251-0109
Twitter: ericguillory
Skype: brllovingdad
www.louisianacenter.org<http://www.louisianacenter.org/>

“Together, we are changing what it means to be blind.”