[Cash-and-caring] IABS IDOL

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Wed Dec 21 15:59:16 UTC 2016

Bridget,

I want to say that I share your frustration.  It is often hard when a
few in the Chapter/Affiliate do most of the work and the majority remain
apathetic or unmotivated.

It is difficult enough coming up with ideas that will be successful and
that our members will feel excited about enough to be involved with
getting the project done.  I think we have to keep trying because the
work of the Federation is vital.  It is also a way to empower
individuals that may not have felt that had a say in their own future.
If they can recognize that participating in fundraising,helps them build
skills and confidence that will make them a more independent and
effective blind person.

Janice