[Cash-and-caring] Question about fundraising when your division doesn't have a 501(C3) tax letter?

Chang, Patti PChang at nfb.org
Thu Mar 9 14:49:38 UTC 2017

That is incorrect. Again, people are mixing up 501 c 3 status and employee identification numbers. They are two totally different things. We do want separate EINs but we do not want separate 501 c 3 status for our divisions or chapters. Once you are a 501 c 3 there are all kinds of government requirements including the filing of 990s. If anyone has specific questions please call me. We do not want to confuse people on this list.

I fear that this list conversation is going to cause more questions than answer questions. This stuff gets complicated and confusing andit would be best if I could walk people through it as they have specific inquiries.