[Ccb-alumni] Favorite instructor story.

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 03:22:44 UTC 2009

wow!   I've  always heard great things about Diane.  She's always come
off as a very caring individual.  I remember  one conversation during
philosiphy class when I asked her if she agreed with everything  as it
related to NFB  Philosophy ( something that i think everyone asks any
leader in the federation that they respect enough to do so) and  what
she told me made  me forever respect her. She  basically said that
she  believes in much of  what the federationholds true.  but there
were things that she did not  believe in as much.  I found that it was
ok to  not believe in everything  that is said all of the time, and
from that point, I've   began to  shape my views and understanding and
growth here  with the understanding that  I'll not always agree with
everything and  that's okay.
 As for a person that I  thought was my favorite on staff...  It was
and  is still indeed tough. I still   hold dear to me  many people.
Julie deeden and Carol and Kimberly as well as Chip and Tom to name a
few.
  one of the  special  people that I remember would be Samara.  samara
 taught me travel and  showed me that  traveling as a blind person was
not  so bad and that using a cane is  not   limiting.
  That said  everybody taught me something that I'll take with me and
I'll forever be proud  of  the accomplishments and the journey.  It
still stands as the single best decision I've made  so far.
  Darian Smith
  ccb04

--
"And if you will join me in this improbable quest, if you feel destiny
calling, and see as I see, a future of endless possibility stretching