[Cccnfbw] Help Make A Difference in the education of Blind Students

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Aug 19 02:07:29 UTC 2009

If you are ready to help make a difference in the education of blind
students, then this message is for you! This fall, the National
Federation of the Blind is going to kick-off an exciting new program
designed to attract both perspective and current teachers into the field
of blindness education. Specifically, we need volunteers for the
following roles--

*Presenters: As a recruitmentPresentor, you will work with your
local universities to make presentations to teacher candidates. We will
provide you email templates that you can use to establish a university
contact, a few presentation format options that you can easily customize
to complement your personal style, and additional materials that you can
use to promote this outstanding career.

Blindness Education Mentors: Blindness Education Mentors serve as a
local resource to teacher candidates. Your main role is to establish a
connection between the future teacher and the National Federation of the
Blind. Parents of blind children, current or former teachers of blind
students, and others who are passionate about the education of blind
children are encouraged to become mentors.

Career Fair Recruitment Representatives: For this role, we need
individuals who would be interested in promoting this teaching option at
college, high school or community career fairs.

For each of these opportunities, you will receive strong support from
our national office. We will provide you training, professional outreach
materials, ready-to-use presentation outlines, and related support.
This project has the potential to revolutionize blindness education.
Please consider lending your time and talents to ensuring that the next
generation of blind students receives a first-class education!

For more information on how you can make a difference, please contact
Rosy Carranza at (410) 659-9314, ext. 2283, or via email at
rcarranza at nfb.org.