[Cccnfbw] Be a Beta Tester for C-Tran/TriMet Hop Pass

Merribeth Manning merribeth.manning at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:51:55 UTC 2017

Be One of the First to Test Hop Fastpass Ahead of Release

Beta testing for the new fare payment system will kick off at the end of
February with 250 riders testing the system; additional testers added every
two weeks.

C-TRAN, TriMet and the Portland Streetcar will be launching the new Hop
FastpassTM fare payment system later this year, but we’re asking for rider
feedback to improve the system prior to launch. Specifically, we need beta
testers to put the system through its paces before full roll out to all our
riders.

Hop is our new regional electronic-fare payment system. Riders will be able
to use contactless payment devices such as a Hop smart card, bank card or
smartphone to pay their fare onboard C-TRAN, TriMet buses, Portland
Streetcar, and at the boarding platforms for The Vine, MAX and WES Commuter
Rail.

We’ll be counting on a growing pool of beta testers, over the next few
months, to give us critical feedback on what’s working and what could be
improved.

How can you be one of the first to test this exciting new system? It’s
easy! Sign-up to help us beta test at myHopcard.com <http://myhopcard.com/> and
await further instructions.

Beta testers will receive an adult, youth or honored citizen Hop card to
register, use and reload. Beta testers will be loading their own money on
the card. Testers will tap their Hop card every time they ride a bus or
train and report any issues they encounter along the way. Testers will also
be asked to share their opinions about Hop in a survey.

We will initially select roughly 250 riders to test the system. Every two
weeks after that, we will add more riders to the test group until regional
launch this summer. Unfortunately, not everyone who applies will be chosen.

During this testing period, beta testers will be able to add value to their
cards at more than 100 retail locations. Once fully launched, Hop cards
will be available at more than 500 retail locations, including
supermarkets, convenience stores and pharmacies. Riders also will be able
to load value over the phone, website, on a mobile app or any Customer
Service Office. Learn more about Hop Fastpass, sign up to beta test and
receive updates at myhopcard.com <http://www.myhopcard.com/>.

*Why Hop?*With Hop, you get the best deal because you pay as you go. Once
you reach the cost of a Day Pass, the rest of the rides that day are free.
Same is true on a monthly basis—once you ride enough times to reach the
cost of a monthly pass, the rest of your rides that month are free. This is
ideal for riders who want the benefits of a pass without the upfront cost.

Hop will make it easier, faster and more convenient for riders to board and
pay fares. If the card is registered, it provides benefits such as
lost-card protection and auto-loading of funds. Hop onboard at myhopcard.com
!