[CCCNFBW] reminder BELL training tomorrow

Corey Grandstaff corey.grandstaff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 18:26:26 UTC 2018

As a reminder, training to volunteer for the BELL(Braille Enrichment for
Literacy and Learning) program this summer is taking place tomorrow between
9:00am-5:00pm in the staff lounge at the Washington state school for the
Blind. Lunch will be provided. If you are not sure what BELL is, see the
information below from our state president, Marci Carpenter:

The NFB of Washington is co-hosting our BELL program with the NFB of Oregon
at WSSB the weeks of August 6 and August 13. The program is for young
children from 6-12 years old. We will need volunteers from the chapter to
assist with the program. Volunteers will sign up with Corey to fill morning
and afternoon shifts (8 am-noon and noon-3 pm). Our teacher for the program
will be Sarah Zachariah, a teacher of blind children from the Samamish
school district. Sarah has a great attitude and good energy for our program.
Carla McQuillan, NFB of Oregon President, will be leading the training,
which will also cover things that the chapter can do to help prepare for the
program. Carla has several years experience running BELL programs in Oregon.

Hope to see everyone there.

     Corey Grandstaff, Chapter President