[Central-md-chapter] Tuesday Meeting

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 4 13:30:04 UTC 2014

Hello All,

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the other barn at 6:30 as
usual.  One of the topics that we will be discussing is our voting victory
and how you can get the absentee ballad and fill it out online.  Here are
the directions so that you can read them in advance.

Don't forget Tino's on October 13th!

Thanks,

Sharon

Thanks to The Nation Federation of The Blind disabled voters will be able to
use the online ballot marking tool to fill out an absentee ballot
independently. Here are the instructions from the State Board of Elections
for procedures on how to get the online ballot marking tool.

1.	Use the accessible online voter registration and absentee ballot
request form at
<https://voterservices.elections.maryland.gov/OnlineVoterRegistration/Instru
ctionsStep1>
https://voterservices.elections.maryland.gov/OnlineVoterRegistration/Instruc
tionsStep1. You must have a Maryland ID or driver's license issued by MVA to
use this form. In Step 9 of this form, be sure to indicate that you want an
absentee ballot for the 2014 Gubernatorial General Election and that you
want delivery through email.
2.	Complete the absentee ballot application for 2014 elections at
<http://www.elections.state.md.us/voting/documents/2014_Absentee_Ballot_Appl
ication_English.pdf>
http://www.elections.state.md.us/voting/documents/2014_Absentee_Ballot_Appli
cation_English.pdf.( This form is an inaccessible PDF). A Spanish version of
this form may be found at
<http://www.elections.state.md.us/voting/documents/2014_Absentee_Ballot_Appl
ication_Spanish.pdf>
http://www.elections.state.md.us/voting/documents/2014_Absentee_Ballot_Appli
cation_Spanish.pdf. (It is also an inaccessible PDF). Be sure to indicate
that you want your absentee ballot delivered by email.
3.	Go to your local board of elections and complete and turn in your
absentee ballot application there. Be sure to indicate that you want your
absentee ballot delivered by email.
4.	Your absentee ballot request form must be submitted by October 31,
2014, if you want to have your ballot delivered by email and use the online
ballot marking tool.