[Central-md-chapter] iOS items of interest

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 26 16:58:56 UTC 2014

Hello All,

Happy reading.

Sharon

So, unless you've been living under a rock for the past week, you know that
Apple released iOS 8 today. Thanks to Twitter, I've come across the
following links which may prove helpful to you and/or your students,
friends, etc. The first three are specific to blind and low vision users and
the fourth is one written for the general populous. With regard to Braille:
It seems that there are some significant improvements to the interactions of
iDevices and refreshable Braille displays. Regrettably, these may be
tempered by slower Braille input-which is indeed something we can only hope
Apple will fix in a subsequent release.

Happy updating!

What's New in Accessibility for Blind, Low Vision, and Deaf-Blind Users |
National Federation of the Blind
https://nfb.org/blog/atblog/what%E2%80%99s-new-accessibility-blindlow-vision
-and-deaf-blind-users

Braille Moves Forward in iOS 8 | National Federation of the Blind

https://nfb.org/blog/atblog/braille-moves-forward-ios-8

The Accessibility Bugs in iOS 8: From Serious To Minor | AppleVis
http://www.applevis.com/blog/advocacy-apple-braille-ios-news/accessibility-b
ugs-ios-8-serious-minor

The best iOS 8 features you may not know about | The Verge
http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/17/6237271/best-ios-8-features-you-may-not-kn
ow-about