[Central-md-chapter] online seminar about bookshare

brenda mueller brendin at smart2.net
Sun Jan 25 23:05:02 UTC 2015

I've been using bookshare for years; it's my primary source for
books and newspapers, and the $50 a year is well worth it.  Where
else could you get a hundred books a month for that price?Yes, a
newspaper or magazine counts against your book total for the
month, but if one wanted to increase his limit per month, all he
has to do is call bookshare.

Brenda Mueller

<central-md-chapter at nfbnet.org
>To: <central-md-chapter at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 10:21:06 -0500
>Subject: [Central-md-chapter] online seminar about bookshare

>Hi all,

>In the past I have mentioned free audio seminars that Hadley
School for The Blind has provided. A recent newsletter (that I am
forwarding) that informs us that they will be having a seminar on
bookshare. I know many people in in our chapter use or are
interested in using bookshare. Here is an opportunity to get a
lot of good info about the service.

>The seminar will be made available a few days after the live
presentation in the Hadley seminar archives if you cannot attend
the live presentation.

>--

>Graham Mehl

>"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along
unfamiliar paths I will guide them;  I will turn the darkness
into light before them and make the rough places smooth.  These
are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." -- Isaiah
42:16

>This newsletter is best viewed in H#2 <> TML format.

<https://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/loadimage.php/mogile/225701/5bac
1753310911aeddbece84964bf376/image/jpeg

>In this issue...

>Reminder: Seminars at Hadley Presents: Inspiring Lifelong Learning
with Bookshare

>Unified English Braille:  <> Hadley Transitions to Unified
English Braille, Makes Changes to Braille Course Availability

>Seminars at Hadley Presents: Inspiring Lifelong Learning with
Bookshare

>Date: Thursday, January 29, 2015

>Time: 1:00 PM CST, 19:00 GMT

>Are you an educator looking for accessible books and technology
for your struggling readers? Are you an individual with a print
disability looking for accessible books to use on your digital
reader? Bookshare, the world’s largest accessible online
library, provides readers with print disabilities access to more
than 300,000 ebooks and technology.

>Join Seminars at Hadley as Kristina King Cohen, senior education
program manager at Benetech Global Literacy, discusses how to
acquire a Bookshare membership, find and request books, read
Bookshare ebooks using a variety of assistive technology and how
to connect with the broader community of members.

>Doug Anzlovar, dean of educational programs and instruction, will
moderate this 60-minutes seminar. A question and answer session
will be included as part of the seminar.

>This seminar is an audio presentation. Space in this seminar is
limited. Please only register if you are available to attend so
that others are not closed out. Register for Inspiring Lifelong
Learning with Bookshare on January 29.
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=14438960&msgid=763104&
act=UB1V&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fhadley.edu%2FSeminarDe
tails.asp%3Fsid%3D261

>Hadley Transitions to Unified English Braille; Makes Changes to
Braille Course Availability
>Are you curious about the transition to Unified English Braille
and how it will affect Hadley's curriculum? Learn more
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=14438960&msgid=763104&
act=UB1V&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fhadley.edu%2FPR_detail
asp%3Ft%3D20150119-Transitions-to-UEB-Braille-Course-Availabilit
y>  about the change.

>Subscribe to Seminars at Hadley Podcasts!  Learn more and subscribe
to Seminars at Hadley Podcasts.
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=14438960&msgid=763104&
act=UB1V&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fhadley.edu%2FPodcasts.
asp

>Did you receive this email as a forward? Sign up to receive
eConnect
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=14438960&msgid=763104&
act=UB1V&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fhadley.edu%2FeNewslett
er.asp> ..

>Follow us on:

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=14438960&msgid=763104&
act=UB1V&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fthe
hadleyschoolfortheblind> facebook logo
>Facebook

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=14438960&msgid=763104&
act=UB1V&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitter.com%2Ftheh
adleyschool> twitter logo
>Twitter

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=14438960&msgid=763104&
act=UB1V&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hadley.edu%2FAbout
Hadley.asp> About Hadley
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=14438960&msgid=763104&
act=UB1V&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hadley.edu%2Fenrol
l> Enroll Now
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=14438960&msgid=763104&
act=UB1V&c=225701&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hadley.edu%2Fdonat
e.asp> Donate Online

> footer image: 'Lifelong Learning since 1920' The Hadley School
for the Blind, 700 Elm Street, Winnetka, IL 60093, 800-323-4238,
www.hadley.edu
<https://app.icontact.com/icp/loadimage.php/mogile/225701/a5a549c
6f1a4b8a3f39e15b5ad507844/image/jpeg