[Central-md-chapter] The BuzzClip: New Wearable Technology for theBlind

brenda mueller brendin at smart2.net
Fri Oct 23 17:02:21 UTC 2015

I think this is malicious spam. It's fluff that says nothing
about what the product does and essentially invites all us blind
folks to go to their possibly inaccessible site to see the
picture of that product while we unknowingly download a dangerous
virus. Huh? What's amazing is that this so-called company needed
a whole team to come up with a message that is oh-so-out-of-touch
with its audience.  This spam needs to be removed now.  Don't go
near that site! That's my opinion.  Agencies, be ware, too!What's
worse is that company dared to use our site, because the blind
are likely to trust information that comes from there.  I'm one
blind lady that says remove this spam!

Brenda Mueller

<central-md-chapter at nfbnet.org
>To: central-md-chapter at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 11:06:01 -0400
>Subject: [Central-md-chapter] The BuzzClip: New Wearable
Technology for theBlind

>Dear Readers,

>We wanted to share with some information with you about a new
revolutionary product that could really help people living with
vision loss all over the world. The BuzzClip is currently live on
Indiegogo and while our campaign is promoting this cool new
technology, it also has a big social cause attached to it. For
more information please check out our campaign page:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-buzzclip-wearable-ultrasou
nd-for-the-blind/x/11673979#/
<https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-buzzclip-wearable-ultraso
und-for-the-blind/x/11673979#/

>Our device has been street tested here in Toronto, as well as the
U.S and India by hundreds of visually impaired individuals.
>We have working units at many organizations within Toronto that
have been testing our device with their clients and the response
thus far has been amazing. You can watch the BuzzClip in action
or hear what some of our users have to say about it on our
Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSnwSwEYIMD-bs8xOZM4tIQ
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSnwSwEYIMD-bs8xOZM4tIQ

>It would be great if you could share this information with anyone
who would benefit from using a device like this or anyone who may
want to order one for family and friends. With the support of the
public, we can build a better product and can have them in the
hands of people that truly need them as early as the spring of
2016.