[Central-md-chapter] Important Dates

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 18 18:36:36 UTC 2015

Hello All.

Please save October 18 and October 19 for fun NFB activities. You will enjoy
meeting and hearing Ever Lee Hairston, a blind author.

Who can resist the opportunity to eat at Tino's on October 19?

President Darlene says we will be talking about these events at our meeting
on October 6.  Spread the word widely about both events.  Below is the text
for both flyers.  Send me a note off-list if you want additional flyers.

Sharon Maneki, President

410-715-9596

Meet Ever Lee hairston author of

Blind Ambition:

One Woman's Journey to Greatness Despite Her Blindness

October 18, 2015 2:00-4:00pm

East Columbia Library

6600 Cradlerock Way

Columbia, MD 21045

Join us to hear about the author's inspirational story of beating the odds
of racial discrimination and blindness.

Ask questions, discuss society's attitudes, book signing, and more.

Sponsored by the Central Maryland Chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind.

Contact Sharon Maneki

nfbmd at earthlink.net <mailto:nfbmd at earthlink.net> , 410-715-9596

Help Support the Howard County Chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of Maryland and Maryland Parents of Blind Children

We provide hope to the newly blind, opportunities for children to gain
independence, encouragement to seniors losing vision, and the full
participation of the blind in all aspects of community life.

Please join us for Foundation Monday on

October 19, 2015

Tino's Italian Bistro

8775 Centre Park Drive

Columbia, MD 21045

410-730-TINO( 8466)

Hours: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Reservations are recommended for dinner service. Please mention the NFB when
making your reservations, carry out and delivery orders.