[Central-md-chapter] Amazon echo / Google Home - who is listening

Graham Mehl blind at trailstone.com
Thu Dec 15 13:23:09 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I know you all may be up on or have a desire for technology, so I thought I
would provide information to keep you informed.

When ever you think to buy any product, it is importatnt to ask the right
questions and do your research. And then evaluate what is important to you.
During our chapter meeting Joe asked an importantquestion - privacy and
security of what is being said if devices are always listening. I came
across an article that speaks directly to this question.whether it is the
echo or siri or the google home, it is being capturedto help improve their
services. Check out the article and make your own decisions. The second
article is another review of the products on how well they work.

While on the subject of those virtual assistants, "Alexa and Google Home
Record What You Say. What Happens to Your Data?"
https://www.wired.com/2016/12/alexa-and-google-record-your-voice/?mbid=socia
l_twitter
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001TLOKBaSI6QtKEnzUSQt4G0XufKLIpZDXxuGVOfF1MHcp
Dkk5_yvE-VUwAxn3Waj4JRXJ-0EXHxhOM1Fq__1VvEezmp4jAG9gi-Y2_qAZOJIalMyuocjuKwFN
vC7ZfgdJzc3zyiwmOmQzEiQD8rp-NtULD8Fm9BR0FBeDynt2laYSiOfpCpe9qKXxtg-vlrKNkU8g
WQLm1FhsQFvyuf789tQGp_dPxtzaPVWzh3ojsUsTmy0Czhi9Zf8rxDH1alo2VmRx9-ukHZ8=&c=v
vrJ0QqdDadEV3KGmbccC-eIqAfbDTIYjhhcVwc7rzQtovxIsePAlw==&ch=OZbuVipHnWLrmMhKd
LZOTK4NX6xEkxS8FN2xMuu7hpfgZxQizi18fg==>

These YouTubers asked Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant 50 questions - who
do you think came out on top?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5sD3LOfES8
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001TLOKBaSI6QtKEnzUSQt4G0XufKLIpZDXxuGVOfF1MHcp
Dkk5_yvE-VUwAxn3Waj4H7eJ0n1bo7iOQfSgGUVQXsBAN6fxrFGkDon2tjh1pNn8rP6WlyWuvTc-
AF0SfuWzjLl56j4VSCMnXUevGRF8rG2R7R08GUuoMittRJ7juRaGzZ08TSdNRVdlSrIgUyel-piH
DWV3_es=&c=vvrJ0QqdDadEV3KGmbccC-eIqAfbDTIYjhhcVwc7rzQtovxIsePAlw==&ch=OZbuV
ipHnWLrmMhKdLZOTK4NX6xEkxS8FN2xMuu7hpfgZxQizi18fg==>

--

Graham Mehl

 <mailto:blind at trailstone.com> blind at trailstone.com

NFB Central Maryland Chapter, Vice President

LCB graduate, 2016

 <http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>