[Central-md-chapter] Important National Convention Notes

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 23 14:50:29 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Remember to Maryland Caucus is on July 1st at 9 pm in Suwannee 11, level 2.
Read below for other important announcements, such as transportation:

Thank you for preregistering for the 2016 National Convention of the
National Federation of the Blind. Please pick up your preregistration packet
in Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function area, Level 1, in the area designated
"Preregistration," beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, at 8:30 a.m. on
Saturday, and at other times as listed throughout the week.
Transportation to the Airport:
Need an easy, inexpensive way to get to the airport? Consider using a Mears
shuttle. Mears is offering a discount of $4.00 off the roundtrip price with
the NFB Mears Shuttle coupon, available from the NFB website at
<http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=5521&qid=1306553>
https://nfb.org/mears. Follow the instructions on the coupon to reserve your
shuttle in advance or simply present the coupon at any of the four Mears
Motor Shuttle ticket counters located on level 1 of the Orlando Airport.
Call 800-759-5219 with questions.
Agenda Announcement:
Dots from Space! In the year 2525, a race of interstellar travelers comes
upon the abandoned city of Baltimore, Maryland, and discovers a building
well known to the members of the Federation. Follow these intrepid
adventurers as they explore the mysterious secrets of the Jernigan Institute
and learn that it is respectable to be blind. Our heroes will face many
challenges, but you can help by solving puzzles, answering trivia, and
collaborating with your friends! To join in this unique and interactive
experience, please visit
<http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=5522&qid=1306553>
http://quest.nfb.org. For more information on how to play, please send an
email to  <mailto:quest at nfb.org> quest at nfb.org, or call (203) 364-4263.
You Are Invited to the Presidential Suite (13217):
All are welcome to visit the President and First Lady of the Federation
during the convention. Appointments to meet with President Riccobono may be
made at the Presidential Suite. The suite will be open during much of the
time when general sessions are not scheduled.
NFB Independence Market at Convention:
Be sure to explore our Independence Market and Free Literature areas in the
exhibit hall. This year we have again prepared two documents which we hope
will provide some valuable advance information to exhibit hall visitors.
<http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=5523&qid=1306553>
NFB Free Literature Information for Convention Attendees
Provides general information about our Free Literature, lists the literature
categories, and mentions items of particular interest.
<http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=5524&qid=1306553>
NFB Independence Market Information for Convention Attendees
Describes the layout of the Independence Market and explains how to make
purchases.
We are also making the
<http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=5525&qid=1306553>
Independence Market New Product List available online. Find out which
products are new at convention this year before you visit the Independence
Market in person. This document will also be available in print and in
Braille at the Independence Market in the exhibit hall.
We are offering special convention pricing for some Independence Market
items:
•Bradley Timepiece
Official retail price: $315.00
Special Member price: $225.00
•JAWS Training Bundle on NLS Cartridge (includes new section on Windows 10)
Full price: $750.00
Special convention price: $375.00
•Aftershokz Bluez 2 Wireless Bluetooth Bone Conduction Headphones
Convention closeout special price (while supplies last): $60.00
Don’t miss out on these special NFB Independence Market deals available to
2016 convention attendees.
Win a Free Copy of KNFB Reader and Make the Print Yours with the App that
Reads:
KNFB Reader uses the power of digital photography and a specially designed
mobile device app, to read print on the go, using just your iOS or Android
phone or tablet. Come see this award-winning, life-changing technology at
demonstration and training sessions on Friday, July 1, from 1:00 to 4:30
p.m. and on Monday, July 4, from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. Enter a drawing for a
free copy of KNFB-READER! All sessions are held in Suwannee 11, Level 2. Go
totally mobile and make the print yours today.
This year, KNFB Reader will also be in the exhibit hall at tables B26 and
B27. Be sure to drop in, ask questions, and find out what’s new!
NFB-NEWSLINE®:
Join us in the NFB-NEWSLINE® Demonstration Room, Wekiwa 7, Level 2, Friday
and Saturday, July 1 and 2, from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. Consult the NFB-NEWSLINE®
experts. Ask for a demonstration of our new features added in 2016 and try
out new access methods. Learn to edit your favorites list, TV listings, or
set up a job search. We’re here to answer your questions. Not a subscriber?
We can sign you up on the spot!
NFB-NEWSLINE® YEARLY REVIEW AND A LOOK AHEAD—Wekiwa 7, Level 2, Friday
evening, July 1, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Come see what’s new with
NFB-NEWSLINE® for 2016! Learn about new publications and improvements to the
largest and most diverse news and information service.
You can find NFB-NEWSLINE® in the exhibit hall this year at tables B28 and
B29. Stop by and see what NFB-NEWSLINE® can do for you!
Share Your Web Accessibility Stories during Convention:
Have you encountered an inaccessible state or local government website,
perhaps while selecting your college classes, paying a water bill, or
registering to vote? If so, the NFB needs to hear from you. Stop by the
Sebastian Ballroom Pre-function area, Level 1, on Registration Day, or
before or after General Session to share your experiences with the NFB.
Comments are needed to urge the U.S. Department of Justice to promptly adopt
web accessibility guidelines. Alternatively, you can submit your comments
via web-form at
<http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=5526&qid=1306553>
https://nfb.org/titleiisanprm.
Free to Live the Lives We Want – Sponsored by Aira:
Aira empowers the blind to further experience the world by providing remote
assistance via a network of certified agents. At the NFB conference, Aira
hopes to learn and gather feedback from NFB members to enhance product
performance before the company´s Explorer Launch, set for late 2016. Aira´s
vision is already supported by such noted NFB members as Michael Hingson and
Ray Kurzweil, in addition to being backed by leading venture financing
companies, including Lux Capital and ARCH Venture Partners. A startup on the
cutting edge, Aira is not only introducing Augmented Reality and Smart Glass
technological innovations for the blind, but also advanced business
paradigms and agent-assistive approaches to enhance its service to users.
See you in Orlando!

National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
at Jernigan Place