[Central-md-chapter] Action Needed on Federal legislation

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 11 15:21:58 UTC 2016

Hello All,

We are late in getting this message out, so please act today, Friday, March
11.  If you do not get the message in time, please do it on March 14 or 15.
The operative word is "pick up the phone and make these 2 calls to Sens.
Cardin and Mikulski".  Read Parnell's message below for the specific
details.  Thanks for your help.

Dear Colleagues,

There are two matters pending in the Senate that require our attention this
week. First, we need to engage members of the Senate to make the Marrakesh
Treaty a top priority in 2016. Please call your Senators and urge them to
support the ratification of the Marrakesh Treaty and help make more
published works available to blind people.

Secondly, please urge your Senators to include the language of S. 2596 (our
Space Available legislation in the Senate) in the base language of the
National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).

I am so thankful for the excellent work you do because no organization moves
a legislative agenda like the National Federation of the Blind. Please call
both of your Senators today! The number to the Capitol Switchboard is (202)
224-3121.

Thanks again for all you do to make sure blind Americans can live the lives
we want.

Sharon Maneki, President

410-715-9596