[Central-md-chapter] Three Important Announcements: Please Read!

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 7 19:42:52 UTC 2017

Hello all,

Here are three important announcements.

1.       Sign up for Lyft and help the NFB. We are pleased to announce that
Lyft is offering a promotional discount to new users who are National
Federation of the Blind members. New Lyft users enter their phone number at
this link https://www.lyft.com/invited/nfb17; then they receive a download
link for the Lyft app with our promo code pre-populated. Lyft will donate
ten dollars to NFB for each new user who signs up with this promotional
code.

2.       Please spread the word about our convention sales, since we were
unable to advertise nationally. Do you need money, food, power, or spice in
your life? Go to the Maryland table C8 in the exhibit hall for all of these
things. We will be selling instant lottery tickets (so you can win money),
and snacks to keep you energized. The students are selling Old Bay to give
you spice in your life at the convention or later. The Greater Baltimore
Chapter is selling power banks with lightning cables to keep your cell
phones and other devices fully charged. Thanks for buying, selling, and
spreading the word.

3.       Do you know people looking for affordable housing? On July 29, join
the disabled community to protest federal cuts to the housing program.
Maryland stands to lose $173 million. The protest will be in Baltimore from
11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at McKeldin Square, Inner Harbor.

See you in Orlando!

Sharon Maneki, President
410-715-9596
blindness is not what holds you back.