[Central-md-chapter] December 5th central Maryland chapter meeting reminder

Graham Mehl blind at trailstone.com
Mon Nov 27 03:23:39 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Our next NFB chapter meeting on Tuesday, December 5th at 6:00 p.m. is fast
approaching. The Other Barn is located at 5851 Robert Oliver Pl, Columbia,
MD.

During the November meeting we welcomed a guest speaker from the Washington
Ear . We talked briefly about the NFB of Maryland State convention that took
place on November 10-12th.

The tentative agenda for the meeting is as follow:

1.    Have a delightful time at our annual holiday party

2.    Chapter elections

Please note this meeting starts at 6 p.m., which is earlier then our normal
chapter meetings. The meal costs $15 per person and %5 for dues to be a
member of the chapter and affiliate.

If you need transportation to the meeting, please remember to contact Sharon
Maneki by email  <mailto:nfbmd at earthlink.net> nfbmd at earthlink.net or phone
at 410-715-9596 and bring a contribution to the meeting for the
transportation fund if possible.

Santa Claus has made the staff at the National Federation of the Blind
Jernigan Institute honorary elves. He has asked us to help him send letters
in Braille

to blind children under the age of ten. Please fill out the

form at https://nfb.org/santa-letters

by December 15, 2017 and we'll make sure Santa gets a letter out to your
child. You will receive a reply from the North Pole in print and contracted
Braille.

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to

support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Save These Dates:

December 5 Central Maryland chapter Holiday party meeting

January 4th chapter meeting, instead of January 2nd

January 4 World Braille day

January 4, 2018

Central Maryland Chapter Hosts Screening of Do You Dream in Color
Documentary

The film depicts the problems that blind students experience in public
schools and other challenges that they face due to low expectations and
misconceptions

about blindness.

Place: Howard County Public Library, Central Branch

10375 Little Patuxent Parkway

Columbia, MD 21044

NFB Washington Seminar

Holiday Inn Capitol

550 C Street, SW

Washington, DC 20024

202-479-4000

DATES

Monday, January 29, through Thursday, February 1, 2018

Great Gathering-In--Monday, January 29, 2018

Congressional Appointments--January 30 through February 1, 2018

--

Graham Mehl

 <mailto:blind at trailstone.com> blind at trailstone.com

NFB Central Maryland Chapter, Vice President

LCB graduate, 2016

 <http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>