[Central-md-chapter] Scholarships and Cash Giveaway for Blind Students? Join Us on Monday!

Ellana Crew eemcrew at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 05:33:44 UTC 2018

Good morning!

Are you or do you know a blind or visually impaired student in or going into college? Would you or that blind student you know like some cash to help cut down those college costs? We bet you would!

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland offers two scholarships for legally blind college students who will be attending a Maryland college in the amounts of $1500 and $2000, and the National Federation of the Blind at large offers more than 20 scholarships in various amounts for blind and visually impaired students across the country! Our scholarships are so much more than just scholarships, as well, and connect you with a vast, ever-growing network of blind peers, role models, and mentors to support and encourage you at every stage of your life.

To help students understand a little bit more about the benefits and the application process, the Maryland Association of Blind Students will be holding a conference call this Monday, February 26 at 7:30 PM featuring some former scholarship winners as well as some other folks who can answer those hard questions about applying. Not only that, but for every student who completes and submits applications for the Maryland state or national NFB scholarships, their names will be entered into a drawing to win some cold hard cash! Who doesn’t like cash? We know we do!

Participating is easy! Just call in at the number below this Monday, February 26 at 7:30 PM to get all the juicy details, then fill out and submit your applications to the appropriate places and copy us on the email that has proof of your application submission, and just like that you’ve applied for some scholarships and entered your name into a raffle just for scholarship applicants! For those who apply to the NFB of Maryland state scholarship, you will be entered into a drawing to win $50, and if you apply to the NFB national scholarship, you have the chance to win $25. Applied to both scholarship programs and you just might win both drawings if you’re lucky! The winners of the drawings will be announced shortly after the scholarship application deadlines.

Conference call information
Monday, February 26 at 7:30 PM.
Call: 712-832-8330
Access code: 9428489

NFB of Maryland John T. McCraw scholarships:
https://www.nfbmd.org/sites/default/files/McCraw%20Scholarship%20Form%202018.doc

NFB national scholarships:
https://nfb.org/scholarships

We look forward to hearing from all of you on Monday night! Please feel free to reach out for any questions.

Happy applying,

Ellana Crew, President
Maryland Association of Blind Students
443-758-7211
nfbmd.org/students
facebook.com/mdabs.federation
@MDABS_NFB

The Maryland Association of Blind Students knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind students because low expectations create obstacles between blind students and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.