[Central-md-chapter] Urgent Action Needed

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 25 14:03:37 UTC 2018

Fellow Federationists,

Please read the below message from Gabe Cazares and pick up the phone and
take care of this quickly.  We need the implementing legislation for
Marrakesh now.  Thank you.

The House of Representatives is scheduled to adjourn this week for the
August recess. However, before the final gavel drops, house leadership needs
to hear from us regarding the Marrakesh Treaty Implementation Act (S. 2559).

Please call House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI 01) and Majority Leader Kevin
McCarthy (R-CA 23) today and urge them to Place the Marrakesh Implementation
Act on the Suspension Calendar before adjourning this week. You can reach
Speaker Ryan's office at (202) 225-0600, and Majority Leader McCarthy's
office at (202) 225-4000. I have included a sample script below for your
convenience:

Hello, my name is ___, and I am calling to urge the Speaker/Majority Leader
to place the Marrakesh Treaty Implementation Act (S. 2559) on the Suspension
Calendar this week. The Marrakesh Treaty and its implementing legislation
were passed unanimously by the US Senate on June 28, 2018. This treaty will
expand access to information for thousands of blind Americans like me here
at home and around the world.

Thank you for all of your hard work to get the Marrakesh Treaty
Implementation Act across the finish line!

Sharon Maneki, President

410-715-9596

blindness is not what holds you back.