[Central-md-chapter] NFB chapter meeting reminder on Tuesday, February 5th

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Sun Jan 27 02:13:45 UTC 2019

Hi All,

Our next NFB chapter meeting on Tuesday, February 5th at 6:30 p.m. is fast
approaching. The Other Barn is located at 5851 Robert Oliver Pl, Columbia,
MD.

During the January meeting we celebrated Louie Braille. We had several
people reading Braille and we participated in an activity and then
afterwards we ate our words. Before the meeting ended we held our annual
chapter elections. The chapter has the same officers, except the secretary
and the 1st board position swapped roles. Our new NFB state of Maryland
president, Ronza Othman, joined us as well.

The tentative agenda for the meeting is as follows:

1.	Chapter business

a.	NFB membership award ceremony
b.	Determine location for August Annual picnic
c.	What type of topics does the membership want during chapter meetings

2.	Planning for Basket Bingo
3.	TBD Time for letter writing
4.	Presidential release time permitting

If you need transportation to the meeting, please remember to contact Sharon
Maneki by email nfbmd at earthlink.net <mailto:nfbmd at earthlink.net>  or phone
at 410-715-9596 and bring a contribution to the meeting for the
transportation fund if possible.

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to

support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Save These Dates:

February 5th NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting

February 9th - Regional Braille Challenge, held at the Maryland School for
the Blind.

March 5th  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn

March 8th - Basket Bingo at The Lodge 2832 9 Mile Cir. Catonsville, MD.

March 31st - Deadline for National Scholarship Applications.

April 2nd NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn

April 15th - Deadline for NFBMD Scholarship Applications.

May 7th NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn

June 1st NFB Maryland state board meeting hosted by the Central Maryland
chapter

June 4th NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn

July 7-12th - NFB National Convention Las Vegas, NV.

August 14, 2019 - Annual Crab Feast.  Note:  New location.   Tall Cedars,
2501 Putty Hill Ave., Parkville, MD 21234 .

November 8-10 - Annual State Convention, location TBA

Graham Mehl

blind at trailstone.com <mailto:blind at trailstone.com>

NFB Central Maryland Chapter, Vice President

LCB graduate, 2016