[Central-MD-Chapter] NFB chapter meeting reminder on Tuesday, April 7th

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Wed Apr 1 16:18:51 UTC 2020

Hi All,
Our next NFB chapter meeting on Tuesday, April 7th at 7:00 p.m. is fast
approaching. Due to the corona virus, this meeting will be conducted as a
zoom meeting. You can use a smart phone or computer or telephone instead of
in person. Please note the slight time change.

Zoom meeting connection information:
Use the below URL on a computer or a smart phone.
https://zoom.us/j/6248138327

or
Use the phone and access code / meeting ID below.
dial by your location

        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

Meeting ID: 624 813 8327

During our March meeting we signed letters to send to Maryland legislative
representatives regarding the NFB of Maryland legislative priorities. We had
an extensive update on what has been happening in Maryland and what is
coming up. We had an excellent mocked debate on a topic of NFB philosophy,
If at least one person of a married couple had an inheritable eye disease
should the couple have a child? We discussed Basket Bingo and many other NFB
events.

Please check out the following NFB publications.
. Maryland February Minute Message:
http://nfbmd.org/node/341

. Presidential Release #492, March 2020 (English Audio)
https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/2020-03/2020_03_english.mp3

. Presidential Release #492.5, March 2020 (English Audio)
This is a special message from NFB President Mark A. Riccobono regarding the
evolving coronavirus situation and public events.
https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/2020-03/pr492.5.mp3

. Braille Monitor   - March 2020
https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm20/bm2003/bm2003tc.htm

. Live the Life You Want: A Choice or a Prescription for Being an Elite
Blind Person
A notable article from the Braille Monitor, March 2020 edition
https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/braille_monitor/2020/march/08_live_the_life
_you_want_a_choice_or_a_prescription.mp3
Braille Monitor  survey
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BrailleMonitor

The tentative agenda for the chapter meeting is as follows
1.	Recite the NFB pledge - It is at the bottom of this email so
practice before the meeting
2.	Chapter business
a. reading of the minutes
b. treasurer report
c. announcements

3.	Potential Guest speaker regarding the Howard county dock less
scooters

4.	Presidential release
At our chapter meetings we do our best to listen to the latest NFB
presidential Release. Due to the timing of our meetings and when the
presidential release is made available, we do not get to listen to the
latest release. Always. Please make time to listen to the Presidential
release to hear what is happening within the NFB movement.
The latest Presidential Release can be found at
https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases

Maryland minute message
The president of the NFB of Maryland sends out the Maryland minute message
on the last weekend of the month. The minute message contains all sort of
information about the NFB of Maryland happenings and movement. The minute
message can be found on the NFB of Maryland mailing lists, newsline, and on
the NFB of Maryland website under blog at http://nfbmd.org/blog

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Save These Dates:

April 7, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting with possible guest
speaker about dock less scooters

April 15, 2020 - Deadline for NFBMD Scholarship Applications.

April 15, 2020 - Deadline for Second Blind Cruising 2020 Payment.

May 5, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting with Guest speakers from
Office Of Emergency Management of Howard county

May 9, 2020 - (TDB) Muir's Tavern Homecoming Fundraiser, Baltimore (Federal
Hill), MD

June 2, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting

July 14 -19, 2020 - NFB National Convention, Houston, Texas

July 20 - 31, 2020 - NFB BELL Academy - Salisbury, MD

August 3 - 14, 2020 - NFB BELL Academy - Baltimore, MD

August 8, 2020 - Crab Feast, Parkville, Maryland

September 1, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn

September 13, 2020 Central Maryland and Parents of blind children joint
annual picnic

September 27 - October 4, 2020 - Blind Cruising 2020, Carnival Pride,
Departing from Port of Baltimore

October 6, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn

November 3, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other Barn

November 6-8, 2020 - Annual State Convention, Towson, Maryland

December 1, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting and Holiday party at
The Other Barn

Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, President
NFB of Maryland Website and Technology Committee, Chair
LCB graduate, 2016