[Central-MD-Chapter] April chapter meeting follow up

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Wed Apr 8 01:44:22 UTC 2020

Hi all,
I think our first virtual meeting went well. I definitely am open for feedback on how to make it a better experience next time.

That said, some requested I send out the link to the Presidential report for later listening.

President Riccobono delivers this month's presidential release before a live online audience for the first time. He discusses
COVID-19 resources , advocacy efforts, virtual events, the national convention
, and more. More than 800 members and friends listened in and many asked questions in the Q&A portion of the release, which was moderated by NFB's first
vice president, Pam Allen.

• Presidential Release #493, April 2020 (English Audio)
https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/2020-04/2020_04_english.mp3

Also please take a few minutes to check out the March minute message, which has a plethora of information including NFB of Maryland response to covid-19.
You can find the minute message at
http://nfbmd.org/node/347

You may be finding yourself wanting to join future zoom meetings. Here are a few things to brush up on prior to your next zoom meeting.
Freedom Scientific archived zoom training audio
https://doccenter.freedomscientific.com/doccenter/archives/2019_07_30_Zoom_Conferencing_And_JAWS/Zoom_Conferencing_and_JAWS.mp3

Zoom Conferencing Commands
https://doccenter.freedomscientific.com/doccenter/archives/2019_07_30_Zoom_Conferencing_And_JAWS/Zoom_Conferencing_Platform_Keyboard_Commands.pdf

Some zoom meeting useful key strokes:
If you are using the zoom application on your smart phone or computer, here are some key strokes that will be handy.
 ALT + a - to mute and unmute your microphone
 ALT+H – Display/hide Chat panel
Comes in handy if the participant does not have a working microphone
 ALT+Y – Raise/lower hand
 ALT key to bring up the zoom meeting controls; Escape key to exit the window

The following commands can be entered using your phone's dial pad while in a Zoom meeting:
• *6 - Toggle mute/unmute
• *9 - Raise hand

Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, President
NFB of Maryland Website and Technology Committee, Chair
LCB graduate, 2016