[Central-MD-Chapter] NFB central Maryland chapter June 2020 information updates

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Sun Jun 14 20:54:40 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I hope you are well and remaining healthy.

Remember June 15th is the deadline to register for National convention. It
is free and virtual this year. You could receive a cash prize just for
registering and then there are all the door prizes you could win. Not to
mention a boat load of information from great speakers and division meetings
for all interests.
https://nfb.org/convention

Finally, I want to share with you a link to an Open Letter that President
Riccobono wrote to our members nationwide, the title of which is "Love
Conquers Hate."  I join President Riccobono in saying, "I call upon members
of our organization to recognize the solidarity we share as blind people and
that the value we place on love within our movement is needed more today
than at any other time in our history."  The letter is available at
https://www.nfb.org/blog/open-letter-members-national-federation-blind .

Please check out the following NFB publications:
. Maryland May Minute Message:
http://nfbmd.org/node/350

. Presidential Release #495, June 2020 (English Audio)
https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/2020-06/presidential_release_liv
e_june_2020.mp3
President Riccobono again presents the presidential release before a live
virtual audience. He delivers the
NFB's public statement on racial injustice , and discusses the great work
being done during COVID-19
 as well as preparations for our
national convention . The release includes a live Q&A session.

. BRAILLE MONITOR June 2020 (Vol 63 No 6)
https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm20/bm2006/bm2006tc.htm

At our chapter meetings we do our best to listen to the latest NFB
presidential Release. Due to the timing of our meetings and when the
presidential release is made available, we do not get to listen to the
latest release. Always. Please make time to listen to the Presidential
release to hear what is happening within the NFB movement.
The latest Presidential Release can be found at
https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases

Maryland minute message
The president of the NFB of Maryland sends out the Maryland minute message
on the last weekend of the month. The minute message contains all sort of
information about the NFB of Maryland happenings and movement. The minute
message can be found on the NFB of Maryland mailing lists, newsline, and on
the NFB of Maryland website under blog at http://nfbmd.org/blog

. Braille Monitor
https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/braille-monitor#main-co
ntent
The Braille Monitor is the flagship publication of the National Federation
of the Blind. It covers the events and activities of the NFB, addresses the
issues we face as blind people, and highlights our members.

Save These Dates:

.	June 22 - July 3, 2020 - NFB BELL Academy In-Home Edition
.	July 14 -18, 2020 - NFB National Convention, Houston, Texas
.	July 27 - August 7, 2020 - NFB BELL Academy In-Home Edition
.	August 8, 2020 - Annual Crab Feast - Tall Cedars, 2501 Putty Hill
Ave., Parkville, MD 21234
.	August 21, 2020 - Basket and Bag Bingo at The Lodge, 2832 9 Mile
Cir. Catonsville, MD.
.	.	September 1, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at
The Other Barn
.	.	September 13, 2020 Central Maryland and Parents of blind
children joint annual picnic
.	September 19, 2020 - Scholarship Dinner and Bid for Opportunity at
VFW Post 9619, 6527 Suitland Rd, Morningside, MD
.	.	October 6, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The
Other Barn
.	.	November 3, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at
The Other Barn
.	November 6-8, 2020 - Annual State Convention, Towson, Maryland
.	.	December 1, 2020  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting and
Holiday party at The Other Barn
.	January 5, 2021  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other
Barn
.	January 21, 2021 - NFBMD Day in Annapolis
.	February 2, 2021  NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting at The Other
Barn
.	February 8, 2021 - Washington Seminar Great Gathering In
.	February 9, 2021 - Maryland Day on the Hill
.	September 19 - 26, 2021 - Blind Cruising 2020, Carnival Pride,
Departing from Port of Baltimore

Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, President
NFB of Maryland Website and Technology Committee, Chair
LCB graduate, 2016