[Central-MD-Chapter] NFB central Maryland chapter information updates

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Tue Jan 12 02:19:31 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I hope you are well and remaining healthy.
We had an great January chapter meeting. We covered the Annapolis week
issues, held chapter elections, and found out what everyone's favorite cake
was in honor of Louie Braille's birthday.
There was a lot of great stuff in the January Presidential Release, please
make sure you listen to the replay.

Please check out the following NFB publications.
. Maryland November Minute Message:
http://nfbmd.org/node/442
. January 2021 Presidential Release #501
https://www.nfb.org/sites/www.nfb.org/files/2020-12/pr_500_short.mp3
. BRAILLE MONITOR June 2020 (Vol 63 No 6)
https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm20/bm2006/bm2006tc.htm

At our chapter meetings we do our best to listen to the latest NFB
presidential Release. Due to the timing of our meetings and when the
presidential release is made available, we do not get to listen to the
latest release. Always. Please make time to listen to the Presidential
release to hear what is happening within the NFB movement.
The latest Presidential Release can be found at
https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases

Maryland minute message
The president of the NFB of Maryland sends out the Maryland minute message
on the last weekend of the month. The minute message contains all sort of
information about the NFB of Maryland happenings and movement. The minute
message can be found on the NFB of Maryland mailing lists, newsline, and on
the NFB of Maryland website under blog at http://nfbmd.org/blog

. Braille Monitor
https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/braille-monitor#main-co
ntent
The Braille Monitor is the flagship publication of the National Federation
of the Blind. It covers the events and activities of the NFB, addresses the
issues we face as blind people, and highlights our members.

Save These Dates:

. January 21 - 29, 2021 - NFBMD Week in Annapolis
.February 2, 2021 at 6:30 PM virtual Chapter meeting
. February 6, 2021 - Regional Braille Challenge, Maryland School for the
Blind
. February 8, 2021 - Washington Seminar Great Gathering In
. February 9 - 11, 2021 - Maryland Week on the Hill
.March 2, 2021 at 6:30 PM virtual Chapter meeting . July 6 - 11, 2021 - NFB
National Convention, New Orleans, Louisiana
. August 7, 2021 - NFBMD Crab Feast, Parkville, Maryland
. September 10, 2021 - Basket and Bag Bingo, Catonsville, Maryland.
September 19 - 26, 2021 - Blind Cruising 2021, Carnival Pride, Departing
from Port of Baltimore

Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, President
NFB of Maryland Website and Technology Committee member
LCB graduate, 2016