[Central-MD-Chapter] NFB Central Maryland chapter meeting reminder on Tuesday, November 2

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Mon Oct 25 23:02:50 UTC 2021

Hi All,
Our next NFB chapter meeting on Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. is
fast approaching. Due to the corona virus pandemic, this meeting will be
conducted virtually by PHONE instead of in person.
To connect to the meeting dial (339)209-4083 on your phone.

At our October chapter meeting we had a guest speaker, Jerry Price, from the
Library of the Blind and Print Disabled whom talked about various
technologies he highlighted. We also discussed what Blind Equality
Achievement month activities we will be doing. We also spoke about the NFB
state convention on November 12-14th.

Please pay your 2022 membership dues by the end of the December chapter
meeting.

The tentative agenda for the chapter meeting is as follows
1. Recite the NFB pledge: It is at the bottom of this email, so please
practice it before the meeting.
2. Chapter business
a. reading of the October minutes
b. treasurer report
c. Inter chapter report
d. announcements
3. conversation about Thanksgiving and diversity
4. 	NFB state convention on November 12-14 (pre-registration ends
October 22)
5. Planning for chapter holiday party in December
6. Presidential  Release
At our chapter meetings, we do our best to listen to the latest NFB
Presidential Release. Due to the timing of our meetings and when the
presidential release is made available, we do not get to listen to the
latest release always. Please make time to listen to the Presidential
Release to hear what is happening within the NFB movement. The latest
Presidential Release can be found at
https://www.nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases

NFB Pledge
I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, President
NFB of Maryland Website and Technology Committee member
LCB graduate, 2016