[Central-MD-Chapter] Smithsonian Folklife Festival 2024 Invitation

Maryland President president at nfbmd.org
Sat Jun 15 02:29:35 UTC 2024

Please find a great opportunity below.

We are reaching out to those within and connected to disability communities throughout the DMV to share information about <https://festival.si.edu/>  this year’s Festival and invite you to spread the word among your community members and networks.

This year’s Festival is being presented in partnership with the National Museum of the American Indian. Indigenous Voices of the Americas takes place on the National Mall June 26 – July 1, and will feature Indigenous artists and makers, professional chefs and home cooks, musicians, dancers, athletes, and storytellers will demonstrate the depth of multigenerational traditions as well as new, innovative approaches to cultural expression.

The Festival is free to attend and is open from 11AM – 5:30 PM daily, with featured concerts beginning at 5:30 PM on Friday – Sunday evening.  A detailed schedule of events is available on our website <https://festival.si.edu/schedule> , and new events are being added daily!

The Festival strives to maintain an accessible and inclusive environment for all. Some of these services include:

*	Sighted guides upon request

*	Visual description tours of festival grounds and art demonstration areas (which you can learn more about by visiting the Festival Schedule)

*	Audio description for select events.

*	Service dog water stations

*	Assistive listening devices

*	Large-print and Braille Festival brochures upon request

*	Hands-on activities like a teaching garden, craft areas, and dance workshops

 Additional accessibility information and service schedules can be found on our website <https://festival.si.edu/accessibility> .

Please let us know if we can answer any questions or provide further information.  You can reply directly to this email or speak to us by phone at 202-633-7488.

Thank you in advance for sharing this information with your own networks to help spread the word about this year’s Folklife Festival!  We hope that you will join us and look forward to welcoming you to the Festival!

Brianna Rodgers (she/they)

Accessibility Intern, Folklife Festival 2024

RodgersB at si.edu <mailto:RodgersB at si.edu>