[CentralOK] Answers to questions raised

atfarnum at gmail.com atfarnum at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 01:53:33 UTC 2021

Hello all,

Dues for the Central Oklahoma Chapter are $10 for the year. You can pay with
PayPal to treasurer at nfbok.org. Please be sure to select that you are sending
to friends and family so we can avoid fees. Also put in the note field that
you are paying dues.

If you are an iPhone user and have set up Apple Pay on your device, you can
send dues to me at 405-590-6110 and I will pass them on.

If your bank uses Zelle, you can send me the money there as well with my
phone number, 405-590-6110.

If none of these things are to your liking, you can mail payment to Glenda
Farnum, 6116 W Gun Hill Way, Warr Acres, OK 73132. If your bank has online
bill pay, use Glenda's address as well.

As for the question about a sports and rec group, we had a state-wide Sports
and Rec division several years ago. We struggled to have enough interest to
keep it going and it was dissolved. I don't think a division is feasible at
this point but we could easily do a group instead. Groups are less formal
and don't require officers. We just need enough people to participate. I
think a monthly or bi-monthly Zoom meeting might be a good way to get it off
the ground. I have enough on my plate and don't wish to be in charge of it,
but I can help out with it if enough people want to take the lead. This is
all dependent on talking to our Affiliate President, Jeannie Massay, for
approval but it's a conversation we can have. Please contact me off list if
you want to discuss it.

I think the plans for a Norman chapter were sidelined by the pandemic. All
NFB chapters in Oklahoma and probably most chapters all over the country,
are still meeting remotely. I don't see this ending any time soon. Perhaps
late Summer, but for now, people in Norman are more than welcome to join the
virtual meetings of the Central Oklahoma Chapter. The info to join Zoom was
sent out yesterday on this list but if you need it again, let me know.

Regards,

Audrey T. Farnum, J.D.
President, Central Oklahoma Chapter
National Federation of the Blind of Oklahoma
405-590-6110
centralok at nfbok.org
www.nfbok.org
www.facebook.com/cokchapter