[Cinci-nfb] Christmas party

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 11 12:46:27 UTC 2014

Hello Cinci NFB chapter members,
By now, all of you who plan to attend the Christmas party have placed your
orders with Karren Innis and are looking forward to a festive time at
Arnold's Bar & Grill December 17.
We will be gathering in the courtyard - which is accessed by coming in the
font door and walking directly through the restaurant to the courtyard in
back.
Gathering begins at 6:00 and dinner will be sometime between 7:00 and 7:30.

Jim Tudor will bring the usual holiday music for beforehand, and Emily and
Lillie Pennington along with Dale Barta will be leading us in song
afterward.

On a personal note, I wanted you all to know some personal challenges that
have occurred
As many of you know,, I have been working for the National library Service
for the blind and Physically Handicapped since September.  As some of you
also know, I made my holiday plan for visiting Florida, to be with my
children, based on the date of our party.  I flew to Florida two days before
Thanksgiving, and am returning to Cincinnati the week of December 14, to go
back to Florida Dec. 19.  My selection of that week for returning to Ohio
was chosen based on our NFB Christmas party.

You know the old saying about the best-laid plans, right?
Well, my best-laid plan with scheduling when to be in Cincinnati has been
somewhat interrupted.

Three weeks ago, I learned that there is a meeting I am required to attend
at NLS on - you guessed it - December 17!
I will be flying to Washington Tuesday morning, and taking the earliest
flight back to Cincinnati on Dec. 17.  My flight lands at 7:00 p.m. and my
plan is to come directly to Arnold's from the airport.

I'm disappointed that I will be arriving late, but very happy that I will be
able to attend at all.
I'm so looking forward to our time together and wanted you all to know the
challenges I am facing with getting to the party.
Save me a chair and some holiday cheer and I'll see you as soon as I am
able!

Merry Christmas!

Deborah