[Cinci-nfb] FW: update status on Bob Marquardt

Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting info at onhconsulting.com
Wed Dec 24 12:58:20 UTC 2014

Deborah.

Thanks so much for sharing Lisa’s email with the NFB Chapter list. As you mentioned, Bob was such a vital part of the NFB Cincinnati family in so many ways. He provided transportation to meetings and other activities for so many of us. He also was instrumental in re-connecting me with the Federation, as I joined at his recommendation earlier this year. At the time, he was providing me transportation to church services some Sundays.

If Lisa is comfortable with me sharing: I spoke with her yesterday morning and have been in regular contact since this all happened on Dec. 9. My mom and I also brought her to the Christmas Party at Arnold’s. (This would have been when he was still at Good Sam, and they were evidently preparing the transfer to West Chester).

As of yesterday, Bob was able to ride the stationary bike for 20 minutes, but walking is still very difficult—as you can imagine.

His health insurance is evidently Medicare, and I’m a bit concerned that 20 days of coverage might not be enough to meet his needs. I realize I’m jumping the gun (as I usually do when I feel very passionate about something). However, Deborah, if you know of anyone at the local or another affiliate who is educated on inpatient rehab and Medicare that could help monitor the situation with the rehab and offer assistance as needed, this would be immensely appreciated. I’m not sure if 20 calendar days of service is enough, but I think Bob has a good potential for some kind of recovery if given the right supports.

We are also offering to assist with groceries and other supports as needed.

Also—the correct zip code to send cards is “45069”, rather than “41069.”

Please keep Lisa, Bob and family in your prayers this Holiday season.

Very Best,

Chris.