[Cinci-nfb] Changing Chapter meeting day and time?

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 03:59:04 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'd be in favor of moving to a weekend time, but as I have a different
situation I'm just saying this in case this is more like an informal
vote.  I'm only one person, so if it doesn't work out then I'll just
keep involved as I am.

However, I am very interested in the weekend time because I could be
more involved in the chapter that way.  I've been trying (and failing)
to become a duel member of the Cincinnati and Miami Valley chapters
for some time now, and started trying to join the MV chapter before I
even gave Emily my dues.  They don't keep a consistent meeting
location, and I used to work on Saturday afternoons when they held
their meetings, so it has been difficult.  I would be able to come
home to Cincinnati one weekend a month though, and although I might
not be able to make every meeting I could make more than what I'm able
to come to now.  So, those are my reasons.  Please do keep me informed
if the time does change, as I'm sure you will via the list.

Also, if we're casting informal votes, I'll pass on judgement for the
meeting location.  I've only been to Washington Platform once, but I
agree that it would be nice to be able to order food at a separate
time from the meeting.  I know I was both a shusher and a shushee at
the last meeting I attended, just because it was hard for everyone to
pay their bills, ask for this or that, and still have the meeting go
on for other chapter members.  I also personally was distracted by the
background noise from other parts of the restaurant sometimes, but
that could just be me.