[Cinci-nfb] Minutes from membership committee meeting, august 21 at 7:00 PM

Christopher Sabine, ONH Consulting info at onhconsulting.com
Sat Aug 22 01:00:28 UTC 2015

Hello all.

The Membership Committee had its monthly meeting this evening, August 21 at
7:00 PM by phone conference. In Attendance were: Deborah Kendrick, Paul
Dressell, Dale Barta, Lisa Hall and Christopher Sabine. The meeting was
rescheduled from 7:30 PM to allow Deborah to attend from an out of town
board meeting.

At the last meeting on June 28, 2015, it was decided that we would organize
a "Movie Night" at the Clovernook Center in the next few months to introduce
employees to the Federation, our activities and accomplishments. Chris
agreed to follow up with Scott Wallace, Recreation Coordinator at
Clovernook.

Chris spoke with Scott before tonight's meeting and was told that Clovernook
could host the event in October. We decided to schedule the event on October
9 at the end of the business day. We agreed to have popcorn and other snack
foods and do a brief introduction to NFB before the movie. Christopher
agreed to follow up with Scott concerning how Clovernook handles snacks /
concessions.

Deborah expressed that the movie should be short and upbeat-with a positive
message. She agreed to borrow the movie from the Ohio Library for the
Blind's collection online. We agreed to do a brief introduction and pass out
literature before the meeting.

Paul indicated that he had a discussion with Marion King, former chapter
member, concerning current activities. It was agreed that someone should
meet with Marion in person on a regular basis, and we agreed to set aside
funds for transportation to Marion's home for the purpose. Offering
transportation / support to current and potential members at other
inaccessible locations, such as the Otterbein Retirement Community in
Lebanon, was also discussed.

Deborah reported that she still has not set up the P.O. Box for chapter
mailings; this is necessary for us to set up pages on Facebook and social
media and will also serve as a mailing address for donations. Deborah agreed
to have this done before our next chapter meeting on August 29.

The committee agreed to hold its next meeting Friday September 4 at 7:00
P.M.