[Cinci-nfb] July chapter meeting

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 19 17:01:50 UTC 2015

Dear Walter and Chapter members,

First, this is not the first time that our vice president has initiated
pseudo parliamentary procedure discussions on the list, and it is completely
inappropriate.

Secondly, what was said at the June meeting was that we would conclude the
discussion online.  My meaning was that I would discuss the problem with our
state president and get back to you all.

I have done that and I apologize for the delay in sharing those findings
with you.

President Duffy's advice was based on history of both our state affiliate
and other chapters.  If a president knows well in advance that an absence is
to occur, the meetings are rescheduled accordingly.

He said, in part, "If I knew I could not make the September board meeting, I
would change the date. . Further, in 24 years as president, Barbara Pierce
presided over every meeting.'

Again, I apologize for not getting back to the entire group via this list.
I have, however, held conversations with many individuals, and have decided
to skip a July meeting.

Many of us are busy with convention, Braille-a-thon, and family pursuits in
July, and we are not alone in skipping this meeting.

We have our movie and dinner event scheduled for August 8 and a meeting
August 29, so we will be spending plenty of quality time together before
summer concludes.

I have plenty of other news to share and have been working on another
message, but felt I should address this issue immediately.

Again, plase forgive my delay in not informing you sooner.

Best,

Deborah