[Cinci-nfb] Spring Grove Cemetery Event Update

Dale Barta dbarta at fuse.net
Fri Oct 2 17:01:19 UTC 2015

I got the notice. Sincerely, Dale Barta

From: Cinci-nfb [mailto:cinci-nfb-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Annie
Edgerton McEachirn via Cinci-nfb
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2015 7:53 AM
To: NFB of Ohio Cincinnati Chapter List
Cc: Annie Edgerton McEachirn; cinci-nfb-bounces at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Cinci-nfb] Spring Grove Cemetery Event Update

Good morning NFB Members:

The Cincinnati chapter of NFB in general (and its recreation committee in
particular) appreciates the support of its members and friends in our plans
to tour the Spring Grove Cemetery on Saturday, October 3rd.  An oral
history, guided tour and tactile exploration of this wonder facility would
provide for a fascinating and pleasurable afternoon.  However, the weather
forecast predicts a 70% chance of rain.  A tour which would not include its
tactile aspect along with the safety concerns on slippery terrain makes
cancellation of this event a necessity.

We will be allowed a refund of the fee paid.  Future dates can only be
scheduled for 2016.

This cancellation notice is based upon my correspondence, with Irene, the
Spring grove Cemetery event coordinator stating "I just want to follow-up to
share that some NFB members are concerned it might rain on Saturday.  Would
that change anything about our afternoon tour?"  Irene's response was as
follows:

"It will be your choice to cancel as well as ours for the safety side.  We
normally run in light rain because the tram is covered overhead but we will
not run if it is steady rain all day and of course if there is lightning."

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience; I would appreciate knowing
you received my notice.  Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

         Kim McEachirn, Annie and Deanna Lewis

Annie McEachirn Carson

Cell:  919/602-9299