[Cinci-nfb] Convention transportation option

Rachel Kuntz rachelrkuntz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 20:57:30 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I have done some minimal research on a 15 passenger van that I would to
share with all of you. I have one quote from Nelson at K&K motors for a 15
passenger van. It is $680.00 for four days with unlimited mileage. If we
provide him with tax exempt information then the total would be $636 for 4
days with unlimited mileage. To rent the van we would have to provide a $100
security deposit which is refundable should we cancel up to a week in
advance of our rental date. We would also have to factor in gas. We are
looking at approximately 490 miles round trip so I estimate gas to be around
$100.00 perhaps more. As mentioned my husband has agreed to drive.

I would like to offer a little food for thought in the event we want to rent
a van. Instead of giving each attendee a stipend of $25 (as in prior years),
we simply apply that stipend to the transportation cost reducing each
attendees cost by $25. An example of my thought would breakdown as follows:

Rental Cost: $636.00 (assuming we can use the NFB Ohio tax exempt number)

# Of members attending: 12

Per Member Cost before chapter contribution: $53

Proposed chapter contribution: $25 per attendee using the van

Total Cost Per Attendee: $28

Please note this cost would vary depending on the actual number of attendees
who use the van.

In my example the chapters estimated contribution would be $400. This is
$300 for the van rental and $100 in estimated fuel expenses. Since Mike is
driving we will not need to include more money for hotel and food.

My suggestion is not a motion on the floor just one possible option among
many. Renting a van means that we would not have to worry about the stress
of borrowing one. What do you all think? I am happy to get additional quotes
if the group thinks renting a van is a viable option.

Fond Regards,

Rachel Kuntz

937 245-0547