[Cinci-nfb] Spring Grove Tour info.

Deanna Lewis deannakay03 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 15:22:45 UTC 2015

Good Morning,

Last night, the Recreation Committee held a brief conference call to
work on the planning of our tour of Spring Grove Cemetery and
Arboretum. We have secured the date and time for this tour, which will
include riding in a tram and a bit of light walking.

We will meet at Spring Grove Cemetery on Saturday, October 3rd, at
2:30 PM. The address is: 4521 Spring Grove Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45232.
The tour will start promptly at 2:30 PM and will take about an hour
and a half. Please schedule your Access return trip with a 4:15 or
4:30 PM pick-up.

Below are further details and information about the tour:

Spring Grove Cemetery is a National Historic Landmark and one of
America's loveliest rural garden cemeteries and a unique Cincinnati
cultural resource. Its 733 acres offer the public a magnificent
arboretum, open air museum, and tranquil sanctuary just minutes away
from downtown Cincinnati. To experience Spring Grove’s art, history,
architecture, and horticulture in person, the Spring Grove Heritage
Foundation sponsors public and private walking/tram/bus tours from
April through October.

PRIVATE TOURS are offered for $75.00 per group. The open-air, covered
tram seats 24 people comfortably.
These tours cover a variety of subjects including the art, history,
architecture, and horticulture of the most beautiful landscaped
cemetery in the United States. There is a bit of walking on a fairly
flat surface. Most of the tour is given on the tram, but we will walk
to a few areas during the tour. There will also be several tactile
landmarks that we can check out and explore. Spring Grove Cemetery is
truly a beautiful place and the tour is very enjoyable.

Guests are welcome, but please remember that only 24 people can fit on
the tram.

Please respond as soon as possible, to let us know if you are planning
on coming and if you will be bringing a guest. We need an approximate
head count by early next week.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon! Thanks!

Deanna