[Cinci-nfb] About the Cincinnati street car

Judy Rudig rudigja at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 18:46:20 UTC 2016

Hi fellow Cincinnati Chapter Members,
Some of you may have gone to the Cincinnati Street Car program for people with disabilities last month.  It was on the same day as our last chapter meeting, and conveniently on Elm Street across from Music Hall.  To ride the street car the passenger will have to purchase a ticket  from one of the meters that will be located at each of the 18 stops along the route.  A ticket meter was on display but it was not in operation at the time.  Even when it is in operation, I doubt that I have enough vision to use it.
However, I did learn something a couple of weeks ago, and since I am not able to attend Saturday's meeting I want to pass this good news along to you now.  I called Metro, explained the problem some people with vision disabilities might have in purchasing tickets from the machine, and asked if Cincinnati Street Car tickets will be available for purchase at the Metro / TANK office downtown in the Mercantile Center.  The answer was, "Yes."
The Mercantile Center is downtown, between Walnut and Main Streets.  There is an entrance on 5th Street, directly across from the large bus stop at Government Square.  The Metro / TANK office is about halfway down the long street level hallway.  Street car tickets cost $1, or if you have a Fare Deal or Access card, only 50 cents.
If you want more information about the Cincinnati Street Car you can call 513-632-7575.
I am sorry I have to miss Saturday's meeting.  I look forward to reading the minutes.
Judy Rudig   251-8108