[Cinci-nfb] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Give the gift of independence for the holidays with KNFB Reader

Walter Mitchell walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 17:25:04 UTC 2016

FYI

From: NFBNet-Members-List [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Danielsen, Chris via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2016 2:54 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Give the gift of independence for the
holidays with KNFB Reader

Subject: Give the gift of independence for the holidays with KNFB Reader
Do you know someone who is blind, has low vision, or has another disability
that makes it difficult for them to read print? This holiday season give
them the gift of complete independence and instant access to printed
documents with KNFB Reader. Just a snap of the smart phone camera, and
virtually any printed document or label is read aloud in clear synthetic
speech.
KNFB Reader can help you:
.         read labels on packages
.         get  your holiday baking done by reading the recipe you're dying
to try
.         decipher the lengthy manual for that cool new toy or gadget

.         read your credit card statement to assess the post-holiday damage

KNFB Reader makes life easier by reading everything from PDFs to books to
text on the computer screen. It can store the text of scanned documents on
your phone or in the cloud, even multi-page documents or books. Text is read
aloud or instantly reproduced in Braille on a connected Braille display.

Sound too good to be true? Here's how our users rave about KNFB Reader:
"Reads absolutely everything you put in front of it."
"I haven't had any reason to use anything else."
"This app is phenomenal. If you are legally blind or have any other kind of
print reading issues, I would recommend getting this app."
"It's the best $99 I've ever spent."

Giving this life-changing app as a holiday gift is easy! Find out how at
www.nfb.org/knfb-reader.
Note to Android users: With sponsorship from Google we are able to offer
KNFB Reader for Android at an 80 percent discount for a limited time.
Developed by the National Federation of the Blind in partnership with
Sensotec, KNFB Reader helps you get the information you need to live the
life you want!

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2330 | cdanielsen at nfb.org
Twitter: @rlawyer

 <https://nfb.org/> National Federation of the Blind

<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind> Facebook