[Cinci-nfb] Volunteer Assignment for the Flying Pig Marathon

Sheri Albers salbers1 at twc.com
Sun Feb 7 21:41:44 UTC 2016

Hello NFB Ohio,

I have been working on securing us a volunteer assignment at the Flying Pig
Marathon which gives us an opportunity to actually get paid for our time,
promoting our organization and giving back to the community! For the three
day event, April 30 - May 2 2016, the PIG needs a total of 6,000 volunteers
and we are now going to be one of the lucky groups among them. We will earn
$500 for our Marching for Independence campaign!

Here is the information from the Volunteer Coordinator:

The BLT Station takes place Sunday, May 2, 2016. The location for this
position is out on the half marathon course. The half marathon starts at
6:30am so we request this specific start time so you and your volunteers do
not run into any traffic/road closures getting to the spot on race morning.
On race morning you will arrive to the spot and set up the station with
tissues. Your volunteers will then hand out tissues to any runners/ walkers
in the half marathon. Once they are finished passing you we ask that you
check the area to ensure it is clean of all trash. Your station is on MLK
between Lincoln & Gilbert Ave. Time requested: 6:50am - 9:15am.

Here is the agreement for the assignment:

BLT (Best Little Tissue) Station Group Volunteer Agreement

Our organization agrees to provide the following to the Cincinnati Flying
Pig Marathon:

.        20-25 committed volunteers on race day

.        Group will provide 1:8 ratio of adults to youth for volunteers
under 18 years

.        All volunteers must be at least 14 years of age and agree to a
waiver

.        Organization will assign a contact person

.        Contact person or marathon day captain will attend an
organizational meeting to be held on Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 6:00pm
concerning operation of the station.

.        Arrange to pick up product and supplies from City Dash warehouse
prior to event and return leftovers post event

.        Work with Marathon staff to receive the necessary supplies and
ensure proper cleanup of station's area on race day.

.        Sign up all volunteers on-line prior to April 24, 2016

.        Documentation of non-profit status

.        Complete and return Charity/Non-profit Registration Form

In return for the above, the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon agrees to
provide the following:

.        A minimum donation of $500 to your organization

.        Official marathon T-shirts that must be worn by all volunteers

.        Publicity in Flying Pig Marathon Race Weekend Guide, web site

.        All necessary supplies to operate and clean the station &
surrounding area.

There will be an online sign-up system and as soon as I get that link, I
will send it on to you. In the meantime, mark your calendars and if you are
able to come down to Cincinnati on Sunday morning, May 2nd, I can guarantee
a good time at the BLT!

Thank you very much and please let me know if you have any questions.

Yours Truly,

Sheri Albers