[Cinci-nfb] Sales Report

Annie McEachirn annie.edgertonmceachirn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:20:56 UTC 2016

Rachel,

Great job!!!

Annie

From: Cinci-nfb [mailto:cinci-nfb-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Rachel
Kuntz via Cinci-nfb
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 12:50 PM
To: 'NFB of Ohio Cincinnati Chapter List'
Cc: Rachel Kuntz
Subject: [Cinci-nfb] Sales Report

Hi all,

Convention was exhausting and exhilarating. I hope more of you are able to
join the chapter at the national convention next year. It is an experience
that all of you should take the chance to enjoy someday. Be sure to ask Paul
Jordan about his big adventure at his first national convention this year.

As most of you are aware, the Cincinnati chapter invested $100 in a
fundraising effort at the national convention. The money given was
designated as prize money for the Cincy Lucky Lolli Game. The supplies for
the game were provided by me. 130 flower shaped lollipops in assorted colors
were planted in a box which was wrapped in green poster board and surrounded
by a white picket fence. I called it my flower garden. Buyers paid $1 for
the lollipop. If the buyer selects a specially marked lollipop then they won
an instant cash prize ranging from $2 to $20. A specially marked lollipop
was identifiable by its 3 inch long string dangling from the base of the
lollipop's stick. The cash ranging from $2 to $20 was in unmarked envelopes
which were fanned out like a deck of playing cards for the winner to select.
They kept whatever was in the envelope. People really enjoyed the game and
its support grew as the week went on. We sold a total of 158 lollipops. This
number may seem small but it was one of the most popular items at the
exhibit table. People were really excited about the game and we will
probably see some copy cats next year. We did not use all of the prize money
so I will be sending the chapter a refund in the amount of $47.

The Cincinnati chapter also had 10 Louis Braille keychains at the exhibit
table. These items were a carryover from a fundraising effort many years
back. These items were sold for $5 each. I am happy to report that all of
the key chains were sold.

Credit cards were used in the purchase of a couple of keychains. The use of
credit cards resulted in a very minimal fee which will be deducted from our
overall profit. Please see the sales summary below for the full numbers.

Sales Summary:

Cincy Lucky Lolli sold 158 lollipops with no credit card fees for a net
total of $158.00

Louis Braille Keychain sold 10 keychains for $5 each less credit card fees
of $0.14 for a net total of $49.86.

Sherry Ruth will be issuing a check to Cincinnati in the amount of $207.86

Rachel will be issuing a refund to the chapter in the amount of $47.00 for
unused prize money.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Regards,

Rachel R. Kuntz

Board Member

937.245.0547 cell

rachelrkuntz at gmail.com

www.nfbohio.org <http://www.nfbohio.org/>

Live the life you want. Blindness is not what holds you back.