[Cinci-nfb] Update: Flying Pig BLT - Tissue Station

Sheri Albers salbers1 at twc.com
Thu Mar 3 15:49:02 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,
Tuesday night, Jessie and I attended the Flying Pig Volunteer Captain
Meeting. We went through the orientation and talked to the other captains.
One thing I realized, I am glad we do not have a fluid station. That sounds
like a madhouse!
Anyway, I will set up an appointment to meet the coordinator at our site, so
we can get a feel for the location and figure out where to park on race day.
FYI, according to the presentation at the meeting, they are expecting 12,500
participants for the half-marathon! These people will be counting on us for
a BLT on Sunday morning.
I have put the instructions for the online sign-up form below, for those who
missed it. Please go ahead and do this as soon as possible. As of right now,
there are 5 people signed up so far, and we need 25-30. I will be checking
this often and sending out reminders. Remember, we will be getting great
exposure, great satisfaction, great fun and $500 for doing this event! Let's
go build the Federation!

Here are the instructions:
1) Follow the direct link to the online volunteer registration site:
http://volunteer.getmeregistered.com/events/open_opportunities.php?id=190
2) Find and select  National Federation of the Blind of Ohio   from the
Group list
3) Complete Required Volunteer Information
4) Use  blt  (lower case letters) as the group password when asked near the
end of the form.
5) Click "Get Me Registered" to submit your information
You will get an email confirmation of your assignment. Please let me know if
you have any trouble and/or questions.

Thank you so much and let's go build the Federation!

Sheri Albers

513-886-8697

Ohio-talk: