[Cinci-nfb] Teleconference this Saturday?

Deborah Kendrick dkkendrick at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 21 03:44:01 UTC 2016

Greetings all,
I tried to send a group message several hours ago.
However, I lost my computer shortly before all my October travel and do not
have my email address book.
When I originally sent the group message, I typed the Cinci NFB list address
from memory, and apparently it was wrong!
So ... I am very grateful to have these messages from some of you, so that I
now have the correct address.
My original message is forwarded below.
By the way, Lisa, Guiding Eyes is a very nice school and is located in New
York.  I am at Guide Dogs for the Blind in California.
Thanks, everyone, for your patience, and please see my original message
below.
Peace,
Deborah
Dear Cincinnati Federationists,
First, I know I've been pretty absent of late, and thought I'd take a minute
to bring you up to date on my whereabouts.

October 2-7, I went hiking in Collingwood, Ontario, with a wonderful group
of women.  We stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast out in the country,
and hiked various trails each day.  It was spiritually, physically, and
emotionally amazing, and will be the experience I touch for strength for
months to come.
I was home for one day and then left with my youngest daughter, Caitlyn, to
drive the 1000 miles to Sait Petersburg, Florida where we met my daughter
Melinda's brand-new twin babies, Oliver Sterling and Greyson Alexander.
Melinda had a pretty rough five or six days, but she's back on track now and
the babies are healthy and beautiful, each weighing in at just under six
pounds.  We are all very blessed.

Again, I was home for one day, and managed to get packed for two weeks in
Guide Dog school.
That's where I am now - in San Rafael, California.
It has been a long while since I have had a guide dog, and I had more than a
little apprehension about my physical ability.
Both my hiking trip and my bonding with this adorable golden retriever had
given e renewed optimism in my own physical abilities.
My dog's name is Jackie! Note that she spells it like Jackie Kennedy, not
like Jacque Perry, but it is a lovely name however one spells it.

I, as you know, am not the only Cincinnati Federationist with a lot going
on.

Kim, I have been thinking of you often the past few days.  I am so sorry to
hear about your incident and simultaneously so grateful that you are mostly
well.  I hope your surgery is a huge success.

Chris had an ouchy tooth extraction this week, and still managed to do a
brilliant job with our minutes from September's meeting.
Paul and Bernie are moving after four decades to what I hope will be an
exciting new adventure in single-floor living, and I am so excited for them.

We all know about Lisa's certification in UEB and I congratulate her again.

Now, my time between training requirements is almost up, so I'd better get
on with the reminder part of this message.

Our October 22 meeting will be via teleconference, as you know, and we will
be having it at 4:00 PM Ohio time, which happens to be 1:00 Pacific time.
I can only meet for one hour, so we will begin on time and, if the meeting
goes on longer, I will ask our vice president to preside from that point
forward.

Shortly before 4:00, please call 712-432-1500 and when prompted, enter
access code 361150 pound.
I look forward to hearing all your voices.
If there is anything you would like to have on the agenda, please text me at
513-673-4474.

Talk to you Saturday.

Peace,
Deborah