[Cinci-nfb] Flying Pig BLT Station

Sheri Albers sheri.albers87 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 15:43:47 UTC 2017

Yesterday was Opening Day for baseball and that means it is also time for
the NFB of Ohio to step up to the plate! Our BLT Station Team needs
members. The Flying Pig Marathon is just about a month away, and we only
have 5 people signed up. For the morning of Sunday May 7, we made a
commitment to the Flying Pig BLT Station! For this event, we will line up at
Mile 9 of the Half Marathon, on Madison Road, and cheer on runners and hand
them Puffs tissues as they go by. For this task, the affiliate will get paid
$500! All we need to do is make sure we have 30 members, family and friends
sign up to participate. Please help us raise this money for convention
assistance.

This was a lot of fun last year, and for those of you who were there, you
will remember how much the runners appreciated us, not only for the tissues,
but for the moral support we were able to provide. This is a great way for
us to give back to the community, while getting the brand of the National
Federation of the Blind of Ohio out in the public!

Here are the instructions to register as a volunteer:

1) Follow the direct link to our online volunteer registration site:
http://volunteer.getmeregistered.com/events/open_opportunities.php?id=268

2) Find and select  National Federation of the Blind of Ohio    from the
Group list

3) Complete Required Volunteer Information

4) Use blt (all lower case) as the group password when asked near the end of
the form.

5) Click "Get Me Registered" to submit your information

Thank you everyone and Let's go build the Federation!

Best Regards,

Flying Pig Sheri, Vice President

513.886.8697

Sheri.albers87 at gmail.com