[Cinci-nfb] Cincinnati NFB Chapter Book club

Annie McEachirn annie.edgertonmceachirn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 22:50:56 UTC 2017

Hello NFB Family:

I want to update you on our book club which began a year ago in January.
Thus far, we have read twelve books and will be having a discussion on the
thirteenth one on March 16th.  Currently, the book club members include
Deborah Kendrick, Rachel Kuntz, chris Sabin, Kim McEachirn, Sheri albers,
Alan and me.  Any one is welcome to join.  There is room for a couple of
more people.

Following are the books we have read (but they aren't listed in the order in
which we have read them):

1.        "a Man called Ove," by Frederik Backman-DB#84392

2.       "Chicago blues," by Libby-Fischer Hellmann-DB#73269

3.       Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance-DB#85796

4.       "Wishing and Hopin," by Wally Lamb-DB71007

5.       "South of Broad,"  by Pat conroy-DB#69381

6.       6.  "Blessings," by Ann QuinlanDB#54938

7.       "The Nightingale," by Kristin Hanna-DB#81189

8.       "Thunderdog," by Michael Hingson and Susy Flory-DB#73300

9.       "God Help the child," by toni Morrison-DB#81605

10.   "Nineteen Minutes," by Jodi Picoult-DB#64175

11.   "Girl Dreaming," by Jacqueline woodson-DB#80026

12.   The Girl On the Train," by Paula Hawkins-DB#80635

13.   Dreamcatcher," by Stephen King-Db#51542

This information will be listed as part of my recreation committee report at
the meeting on Saturday; however, I thought it might be helpful to have your
own personal book listing.  It has been fun to do recreational reading and
we have enjoyed it as well as learned a lot in our book discussions.
Perhaps, you might find a few book titles interesting and decide to read
some of them.  Have a great evening.

Blessings,

Annie Mceachirn carson