[Cinci-nfb] General Information About the Upcoming NFB Cincinnati chapter christmas Party On Saturday, december 9th

Annie McEachirn annie.edgertonmceachirn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 21:51:11 UTC 2017

Dear NFB Family:

The primary purpose for this email is to share some general information
about our upcoming Christmas party to be held at Red Lobster on Saturday,
December 9th from 1:00 to 4:00 P.M.  Following is what you will need to
know:

1.        Red Lobster's address:  3564 Springdale road, Cincinnati

2.       Party time:  1:00-4:00 PM

3.       Menu:  Menu can be found at redlobster.com

4.       Phone number:  513/385-8151

5.       Meal:  Everyone will be responsible for ordering and paying for
their own meal; all NFb Cincinnati chapter member attendees  in good
standing will receive $5 toward the purchase of their meal.  Money will be
handed out at Red Lobster as was done last year

6.       Christmas karaoke:  The recreation committee recommends we do
Christmas karaoke this year; however, we can't seem to find anyone who has a
karaoke machine.  We understand there is a karaoke app but we aren't sure if
it's accessible.  Does anyone have a recommendation?

7.       Nonprofit organization for our 2017 contributions:  St. Vincent De
Paul; I have the name of the contact person.  The website is
svdpcincinnati.org; they need items such as peanut butter, can tuna, can
chicken, can meals, personal items, toiltry, clothes etc.; recently, I had
an opportunity to work with this organization serving a cancer client-they
are very diverse and have a lot of services assisting hundreds of people
across our city.  They have several satellite locations available to people,
too.  We will need to find a volunteer who would be willing to transport the
items to the Bank Street location.  If no one comes forward, I will do it
since I have a working relationship with the director.

8.           Transportation to the Christmas party:  Access, Metro, Lyft and
Uber will transport if you don't have a personal driver.

9.       Currently, I have 24 people listed for our Red Lobster Christmas
party.  If you aren't sure about your name being on my list, please contact
me and I will let you know.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact me.  Thank you so very
much.  I look forward to seeing you at the next chapter meeting on Saturday,
December 2nd.

Blessings,

Annie M. carson, chairperson, Recreation committee

The National Federation of the blind of Ohio Cincinnati chapter