[Cinci-nfb] Ohio Legislative Alert!

Sheri Albers sheri.albers87 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 17:51:49 UTC 2017

Good afternoon NFBO,

As you know, we brought a Parental Rights Bill to our Columbus Seminar in
May. It has now become HB 309 that Representative Anne Gonzales and
Representative Jeffery Rezabek are sponsoring. The bill has been dropped in
the House Community and Family Advancement committee. The initial sponsor
testimony has been done. This bill is already being co-sponsored by
Representatives Hambley, Goodman, Retherford, Boggs, Thompson, Miller, Dean
and Kent.

Now, here is where we all need to get back involved. Proponent testimony
will be next to come before the committee and they will want to hear from
us. Are you a blind parent and have had your rights to parent violated by a
social worker, judge or legal system? Have you been involved in a custody
battle where your blindness was an issue of your fitness as a parent? Has
your blindness ever prohibited you from visitation rights with your
children? Have you adopted a child or fostered a child and you were
questioned on your ability to do so as a blind person? You need to tell this
story so other blind parents never have to go through this again.

Please email me off list at sheri.albers87 at gmail.com.

The schedule for committee testimony is unfortunately on a weekly basis, so
I do not know when we will be needed to appear. As soon as I have a date,
however, I will let you know. Thank you and, as always, let's go build the
Federation!

Best Regards,

Sheri Albers, Vice President

513.886.8697