[Cinci-nfb] URGENT ACTION NEEDED FOR HB 309

Sheri Albers sheri.albers87 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 15:55:56 UTC 2018

Hello NFB of Ohio,

This is our final push to pass HB 309 for this year's session. We have
identified the following Senators who need to hear from us. They are members
of the Senate Rules and Reference Committee, and all but Senator Obhof,
served on the Senate Judiciary Committee. We are asking you to make phone
calls and send emails today and Monday using the script I have prepared
below.  Mike and I will be at the Ohio State House on Monday and Tuesday
knocking on doors to share this message in person. Thank you in advance for
your efforts, and let's get this done!

Senator Larry Obhof 614-466-7505 RM 201  <mailto:obhof at ohiosenate.gov>
obhof at ohiosenate.gov

Senator William P. Coley, II 614-466-8072 RM 140
<mailto:coley at ohiosenate.gov> coley at ohiosenate.gov

Senator Cecil Thomas 614-466-5980 RM 056  <mailto:thomas at ohiosenate.gov>
thomas at ohiosenate.gov

Senator Matt Huffman 614-466-7584 RM 125  <mailto:huffman at ohiosenate.gov>
huffman at ohiosenate.gov

Senator John Eklund 614-644-7718 RM 143  <mailto:eklund at ohiosenate.gov>
eklund at ohiosenate.gov

Scott Oelslager  614-466-0626 RM 127  <mailto:oelslager at ohiosenate.gov>
oelslager at ohiosenate.gov

What to say:

As a member of the Senate Rules and Reference Committee, I am contacting you
in regards to HB 309. The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio is in
full support of this bill. This piece of legislation would prohibit a
person's blindness from being used to deny or limit custody, parenting time,
visitation, adoption, guardianship, or foster caregiver regarding a minor.
Again, we are in support of this legislation, it should be noted that H.B
309 has not faced any opposition during the legislative process. Please
support HB 309, and schedule it for vote before the full Senate on
Wednesday, December 19, 2018.

Best Regards,

Sheri Albers, Vice President