[Cinci-NFB] FW: [Ohio-Talk] DRO Voter Hotline and SABE voter survey information

info at onhconsulting.com info at onhconsulting.com
Sat Oct 31 16:46:51 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Richard Payne
via Ohio-Talk
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 5:56 PM
To: 'NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List' <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Richard Payne <rchpay7 at gmail.com>
Subject: [Ohio-Talk] DRO Voter Hotline and SABE voter survey information

Dear Friends,

I wanted to share some info and make a request.  You probably already know
that Disability Rights Ohio operates a voter hotline on Election Day during
the hours the polls are open, from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.  We will have live
phone operators and back up attorneys ready all day to provide legal
assistance.  Voters with disabilities, their families, friends or caregivers
should call us with any concerns at 1-800-282-9181.  And of course, leading
up to Election Day we are available to answer voting rights questions and
provide advocacy assistance through our usual intake process (same number).
In addition, we have a great deal of information on our website about voting
rights.  You can find that information at
https://www.disabilityrightsohio.org/blog  We ask that you spread the word
to your constituents, members, and networks about our ability to help voters
with disabilities, in particular our Election Day voter hotline.  We know
this election presents even greater challenges due to the pandemic and we
want to make sure every voter with a disability can cast their vote.

I also wanted to share information from our partner Self Advocates Becoming
Empowered (SABE), which is conducting their voter experience survey again
this year.  This is one of the only voter experience surveys created by
people with disabilities for people with disabilities.  SABE organizations
across the nation are participating and we want Ohio to be an active player
by returning a high number of surveys this year.  Their survey is available
at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SABEGoVoter2020survey  in English and
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SABEGoVoter2020surveySPA  in Spanish.  Hard
copies are also available for anyone needing to complete on paper (see
attached).  I ask that you share the survey with your constituents, members
and networks.  For questions about the survey process, you can contact Essie
Pederson at essie.pederson at gmail.com <mailto:essie.pederson at gmail.com>   or
Juliana Huereña,  julianahuerena at sabeusa.org
<mailto:julianahuerena at sabeusa.org>

Kerstin Sjoberg

Executive Director

Ohio Disability Rights Law and Policy Center, Inc.

200 Civic Center Drive, Suite 300

Columbus, Ohio 43215-4234

614-466-7264 or 800-282-9181, ext. 114

 <http://www.disabilityrightsohio.org/> www.disabilityrightsohio.org