[Cinci-NFB] FW: [Ohio-Talk] 2022 National Federation of the Blind of Ohio Committees

Christopher Sabine info at onhconsulting.com
Sun Nov 21 17:20:11 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Richard Payne via Ohio-Talk
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2021 5:33 AM
To: 'NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List' <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Richard Payne <rchpay7 at gmail.com>
Subject: [Ohio-Talk] 2022 National Federation of the Blind of Ohio Committees

Greetings Ohio,

		Yes, by now you have already figured out  that after the convention I took a short break. This year has been another one for the record books and hopefully we will be able to enjoy the in-person conventions and other larger meetings soon.

I was incredibly happy with the Convention and thought that all members and participants were quite engaged, inspired and ready to change what it means to be blind in and outside of Ohio. The Ohio Affiliate could not have even wished for a better event under the circumstances. There were Many who joined, and I have heard from our friends in the federation providing positive feedback of how much they enjoyed the Convention activities.

As a reminder, please email me the results from elections held at the Convention. Also, during the Fall season is the time when Chapters will hold elections as well, so please do the same and provide  me with names, positions and contact information. My hope is that all elected officers will work hard to build the federation and take it to a higher level of performance in 2022.

Seven resolutions from  the state convention in 2021 have been uploaded and may be viewed individually at
https://nfbohio.org/resolutions-2021

Previously I posted a request for members to let me know if you have the ability and desire to attend the Washington Seminar. Therefore, the deadline for you to notify me is on December 8,2021 at 6pm which is also the deadline for you to respond with your desire to serve on the committees.

2022 National Federation of the Blind of Ohio Committees

Listed below are the committee descriptions for 2022. At this point, all committee positions need to be filled. This means if you chaired or served on a committee in 2021, you cannot assume that you will automatically be placed there for 2022. There will be no exceptions! Please let me know which committees you would like to serve on by December 08 If you wish  to chair a committee. Please email me a narrative of why you believe you should hold this position. Remember, Ohio  is seeking innovators and committed leadership that can bring energy and creative new ideas to the committees.

2022 NFBO Committee Descriptions

1: AWARDS COMMITTEE
Charge: To oversee the awards process, to provide information and feedback when necessary, and to make reasonable judgments about NFBO awards.

2: BELL COORDINATOR
Charge: To communicate and help with planning the inhouse bell program and to organize the bell Academy and plan efficient ways to promote and execute the important programs.

3: COMMUNITY SERVICE COMMITTEE
Charge: To educate the Ohio Affiliate about the professional and personal benefits of community service, to encourage chapters, divisions, and individuals to participate in projects in their communities, to encourage members to identify or develop and implement their own service projects, and to educate  the public about NFB philosophy and the skills and abilities blind people bring to community service

4: CONSTITUTION  Committee
Charge: To make sure that all NFBO constitutions follow the state and national constitutions, both philosophically and rhetorically.

RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE
Charge: To oversee the submission process and to write and distribute clearly articulated and philosophically sound resolutions.

5: DEAF-BLIND Committee
Charge: To aid and provide information to those who are in this unique community and to serve as a vehicle to foster a positive relationship for the deaf-blind community.

6: EDUCATION COMMITTEE
Charge: To inform the president about policies, legislation, strategies, and initiatives in which NFBO should be engaged to improve educational opportunities for blind youth throughout the state.

7: FINANCING THE MOVEMENT COMMITTEE including (SUN coordinator, Jernigan Fund coordinator, PAC coordinator)
Charge: To make members aware of these specific organizational fundraising opportunities and to implement strategies to increase participation.

8: FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE
Charge: To investigate added opportunities to increase NFB-O resources and to implement effective fundraising strategies and programming.

9:  LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE
Charge: To increase the organization's visibility and effectiveness in the state legislature and to continue to support our efforts in Washington throughout the year.

10: MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
Charge: To implement effective strategies to recruit and retain members and to reinvigorate the chapters and divisions of NFBO.

11: PROMOTION AND PUBLICITY AND NEWSLINE COMMITTEE
Charge: To assist with updating the content on  the Newsline service, as well as, promoting and advertising NEWSLINE. Members on this committee should be proficient computer users.
To develop content and suggest creative ways to promote NFBO branding.
Responsibilities include research audience preferences and discover current trends, create engaging text, image and video content, design posts to sustain readers' curiosity and create buzz around new issues, stay up to date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness, train leaders how to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way.
, and oversee social media accounts.

12: SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
Charge: To conduct the affiliate scholarship program and to develop and implement effective strategies to increase the visibility of the program and increase participation.

13: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion committee The charge for the committee is to provide education and training, guidance and advocacy where needed. Our diverse community includes, but is not limited to, the intersectionality of ability, age, religion, race, ethnicity, culture, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation.

14: Employment Committee
To inform the president about policies, legislation, strategies, and initiatives on why NFBO should be involved to improve employment opportunities for blind persons throughout the state and beyond; the importance of holding various platforms on accessible technology, socializations skills, resume writing, career exploration and preparing employers for interviewing and hiring blind people; also prepare members for the National and various Career Fairs through, Learning about new employment resources. Networking and interviewing techniques; finally educating members on the significance on how to advocate for reasonable accommodations, rehabilitation services and other vital resources to aid one in being
productive and successful in obtaining and maintaining a career.

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com> The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.