[Cinci-NFB] Cincinnati Chapter Gavel Awards

Christopher Sabine info at onhconsulting.com
Wed Sep 15 01:54:13 UTC 2021

Hello all.

This is a reminder that we need information from all of you regarding your accomplishments and activities for our 2021 Annual Gavel Report to the Ohio Affiliate, which is due by October 1.

The Gavel Awards were established by the Ohio Affiliate to recognize the impact of each chapter or division on the broader Federation organization and the community at large. The chapter or division with the greatest impact on the organization or the broader community will win a special award at the State Convention. The Cincinnati Chapter has not won this award since 2015, and I believe that if we all share our accomplishments or activities for the past year, we have a good chance of winning it this year.

If you have received any recognition from the Federation or did something in your community to reflect the values of the Federation that you would like to share, please reach out to me by the next Chapter meeting on Saturday September 25. This could be anything from using Braille to take part in a church choir, conduct a presentation on Blindness or another topic using the skills of Blindness, advocating for the organization in the broader community, or receiving a award or recognition in the community to conducting outreach activities to support the philosophy of the Federation.

Pleas reach out to me privately with this information by emailing jsabine at cinci.rr.com<mailto:jsabine at cinci.rr.com>.

Also-if you are subscribed to NFB Newsline or a member of our National Preauthorized Contribution (PAC), plan, I also need to hear from you so I can compile an accurate count for our report.

We greatly appreciate your support to help our Chapter be recognized for our efforts over the past year. Let's go build the Federation in Greater Cincinnati!!!

Very Best,