[Cinci-NFB] FW: As A Reminder

Christopher Sabine info at onhconsulting.com
Mon Aug 29 00:15:57 UTC 2022

From: Suzanne Turner <smturner.234 at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 28, 2022 4:22 PM
To: shane.davidson at icloud.com; 'N. Lichells' <denise-hudson at sbcglobal.net>; VisionofAngels216 at gmail.com; labichedianam at yahoo.com; bernie824617 at icloud.com; denise-hudson at sbcglobal.net; 'NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List'' <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>; ohiodan-talk at nfbnet.org; NFBOH-Cleveland at nfbnet.org; 'Lisa Bostick'' <lbostick04 at jcu.edu>; Victory71351 at AOL.COM; AlexisTyson2000 at Yahoo.com; 'Edgarsfarm'' <edgarsfarm at aol.com>; 'Sandra Krems' <slkrems at yahoo.com>; bdowdy1983 at gmail.com; shawgriff781 at gmail.com; Nricks123 at me.com; stuff12993 at aol.com; lmr.upshaw at gmail.com; Dr.Carolyn.Peters at gmail.com; patrinkle at icloud.com; 'Ali Benmerzouga'' <ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com>; regina.mason216 at gmail.com; ccjeff at ameritech.net; Arringtonrs at gmail.com; NFBOH-Cleveland at nfbnet.org; Victory71351 at AOL.COM; BigPapaZo at roadrunner.com; WO.Turner5 at sbcglobal.net; lewisbarbee at yahoo.com; remacd3 at gmail.com; Chefgreen56 at gmail.com; delcenia at prodigy.net; Campbelllegal87 at gmail.com; riscw619 at gmail.com; davidgGray1984 at gmail.com; dwjann57 at gmail.com; charlenebolden at att.net; BillieGraham38 at gmail.com; williamsjoann at outlook.com; Butler.Henry at icloud.com; TMcKenney51 at Icloud.com; lelinda at roadrunner.com; TurnerW794 at gmail.com; Christopher Sabine <info at onhconsulting.com>; 'ali benmerzouga' <ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com>; Tawnt at yahoo.com; nnulite at sbcglobal.net; thorpe.ronda at gmail.com; auntro3135 at gmail.com; TraceySinkovic17 at gmail.com; Nricks123 at me.com; aanderson at csjtech.com; jjstover at kent.edu; Astover at kent.edu; mr.algee at icloud.com; dawnsmosny at gmail.com; lelinda at roadrunner.com; n.lichells at gmail.com
Cc: smturner.234 at gmail.com
Subject: As A Reminder

As A Reminder From The President, Richard Payne,

I encourage you to highly attend Ohio meetings. When I served as a member holding no office and as a member of the Ohio Affiliate State Board of Directors, I always attended the meetings. As a reminder, you are encouraged to weigh in on the issues and also get updates about what the board make decisions on, which affects the membership. This particular setting allows for our leaders to communicate in person and make significant plans and possibilities for the Affiliate. So, on September 17th at 10:00 AM. you should make every effort to attend the State Board Meeting, that will be held at the same hotel as the Convention. For those who wish to stay at the hotel, there is a limited number of rooms available.  Please call the hotel and make those arrangements as soon as possible.  The cutoff date for rooms at the State Board Meeting is the end of day on August 27th. Please call 216-447-1300 to reserve your room. For more on this note, several of you serve or chair committees and is expected to provide a report on your activities for 2022. If possible, for all Chapter's, Divisions and some Committees who have raise funds throughout the year, sending a representative from your entity should have been  prearranged to get them there.

Per the State Convention, you also can make reservations now by calling 216-447-1300. The room rates are only $104, which includes breakfast. The good news is that when you make your reservations, funds are not deducted from your credit card until you arrive at the hotel.

I am excited to report that preregistration is up and running. Pre-registering for the Ohio convention by October 28, 2022, makes attendees eligible for door prizes. Door prizes will be drawn during Convention festivities, general sessions, and the banquet. Preregister at WWW.NFBOhio.ORG<http://WWW.NFBOhio.ORG>. Preregistration is $25.00 and the Banquet is $50.00. You can also choose a box lunch online as well.

National Representative:
The Ohio affiliate is pleased to have Carla McQuillan as our National Representative for 2022. Carla is a member of the national board of Director's, the president of the Oregon affiliate, and she is the director of NFB Camp, the program that offers childcare during the annual convention of the National Federation of the Blind. We are proud to have her leadership and expertise in the blindness arena.

Resolutions:

All resolutions must be submitted to the Resolutions Committee Chair, Barbara Pierce, no later than October 23rd. Resolutions will be considered at the general session on Sunday, November 6, 2022. For questions, email Todd Elzey at toddelzey at gmail.com.

>From the Door Prize Coordinator, Annette Lutz,

NFB of Ohio friends and family,

Everything! Everything is very cool about state convention!

Everybody getting together, doing the work of the Federation, learning about new technology, and the list goes on and on. But, one item that is very, very, cool about state convention is the ability to win prizes! Door prizes. But, in order to win prizes, we have to have prizes to give. So, it is not too early for your chapter, division, or as individual members, to prepare to donate door prizes for convention. All kinds of things can be door prizes. But the absolute favorites are cash and gift cards. Or, very special NFB of Ohio fudge. Hint hint.

If you are planning to donate a door prize, make sure to bring it to convention when you come. Also, please have it labeled in braille what the price is and who is donating it so they can get proper credit when a name is drawn.

And, another really cool thing about state convention is the ability to raise money. Yes, money for our great affiliate! We will be doing that this year by bringing back the not so silent auction at the banquet. What a fun event to allow money to be raised, and have some friendly competition for great items. But, like the door prizes, we need items to auction off. So, again your chapter, division, or individuals, can contribute to this worthy cause. These will be bigger ticket items than the door prizes. Think of gift baskets, electronics, handmade crafts, etc. Some of the items that have brought the most money in the past were very special, well thought out baskets, and adaptive technology items that we could all use. Again, please label in braille what the item is with a very good description. That way everybody knows what they're bidding on!

When you come to convention, there will be a table to drop off items for both door prizes and auction. I am also around to answer any questions or assist from now throughout convention, so please feel free to reach out.

As another note, in order to be eligible to win a prize, or to bid on an auction item, you need to be there!  So, go ahead and get registered and make your room reservations now. It is definitely not too early.